Windows 10: Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

Discus and support Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rick0779, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Rick0779 Win User

Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from computer 1 to computer 2.

After the 1903 update, I get the red circle and slash when attempting to drag and drop onto the shortcut. I also get the red circle and slash when I open the Network icon and I drag and drop over to the main folder icon for computer 2.

Now, I have to actually open the computer 2 folder's icon (either by shortcut or in the Network folder) and then drag and drop into the folder, rather than just on to the folder.

What has Microsoft screwed up this time?

Thank you.

:)

Rick0779, Jul 28, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

Hi majestic100

I am a bit unclear on your Question, are you trying to move icons around your Desktop, or drag and drop files on your PC?

If you are just trying to move Desktop icons, right click your Desktop, choose View - untick Auto Arrange icons

If you are trying to drag and drop files, what folder are you dragging from and what folder are you dropping into?

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Drag and Drop rarely works

Nothing like dragging 50 or 60 files out of one folder and moving them onto another folder on the desktop, only to have them reject the folder and spill all over the desktop; leaving me weed through all the icons to pick out the ones I was trying to drag
    and drop... now I drag, drop, drop everywhere, pick-up, and drop.

I've seen this on Apple OS before, but not on Windows prior to Windows 10.

matthoefler, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

Trust this is posted in correct forum...………

I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no integrity violations as
    well as DISM health check/restore. No change in Drag and Drop working.

As a final option I've reset Windows 10 retaining files (if not some/a lot of programs). But still Drag and Drop not working. I ensured all available updates are installed - running Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.556 (v1809 not yet offered)

This is one of two identical HP laptops. The other one has Drag and Drop working fine.

Really appreciate assistance in resolving this problem

Thamks

majestic100, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

1. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Drag Drop Network

2. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  3. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  4. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  5. I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder: I pinned a network folder to my Quick Access. But when I try and drag a file to it, it just doesn't accept it. I get this pointer. If I open the folder, from the same pinned link, I can drag to that fine. But not to the pinned folder itself. I used to be able to do it....
  6. Drag-and-Drop into a Windows Compressed Folder Doesn't Update Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag-and-Drop into a Windows Compressed Folder Doesn't Update Folder: I've ditched WinZip and am now using Win10 Compressed Folders. When I drag-and-drop files into a previously created compressed folder with the same-named files (earlier file versions obviously) the compressed folder does not update at all. The files in the compressed folder...
  7. Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.

Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.: The company I work for is running Windows 10 1903 Enterprise. We've been working on upgrading from Windows 7. We use a lot of network drives. We discourage mapping and instead have our users create a shortcut for the network drive on their desktop. In the past (Win7),...
  8. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update: Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from...
  9. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  10. drag and drop does not work

drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 drag and drop in hotfolder not working

2. drag and drop to network folders does not work

3. windows 10 drag and drop not working 1903

4. drag and drop not working windows 10 1903