Windows 10: Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?

Discus and support Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'll be going merrily along in Windows 10, probably using Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it now), and suddenly drag-and-drop no longer works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by achassell, May 11, 2019.

1. achassell Win User

Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?

I'll be going merrily along in Windows 10, probably using Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it now), and suddenly drag-and-drop no longer works. Doesn't work in MS Word either. Oh look, doesn't work anywhere. The only solution is to reboot, then it works again having made no changes I'm aware of.

Is there a keyboard shortcut I'm hitting by mistake to turn it off? Another, or the same, to turn it back on? Why would MS or the World-Narrowing-Web have the answer as it's only here to push commercial solutions and waste our time and money. Guess I'm getting cynical, but who else would like to see Bill Gates publicly lynched?

Anyone?

:)

achassell, May 11, 2019

2. Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, May 11, 2019
  3. Win User
  4. Meloteq Win User

WIndows 10 Drag & Drop

I keep accidently moving my files and I would like to get a confirmation window before drag and drop is executed. Is there still an option for this in windows 10?

Meloteq, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident? - Similar Threads - Drag drop turns

2. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  3. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  4. How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to turn off the monitor on Windows 10, you can do […] This article How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  6. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut: Hello, I was trying to change the backlights for my hp omen 15 and somehow hit a shortcut that disabled my keyboard. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/_this_is_what_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Drag and Drop: Hello, When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-drag-and-drop/f0cde1ac-7711-4495-9779-0002e2bd150b"
  9. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Listening Mode Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on...