Windows 10: Drag and Drop

Discus and support Drag and Drop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Drag and Drop

When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end?

:)

Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Win User
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Drag and Drop

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Drag and Drop

1. Drag and Drop - Similar Threads - Drag Drop

2. Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag-and-drop turns off in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcut I'm using by accident?: I'll be going merrily along in Windows 10, probably using Windows Explorer (or whatever they call it now), and suddenly drag-and-drop no longer works. Doesn't work in MS Word either. Oh look, doesn't work anywhere. The only solution is to reboot, then it works again having...
  3. Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly: I was editing a video earlier today and dragged a file from file explorer into Adobe Premiere, but then immediately after it wouldn't let me drag the same file back in when I had deleted it from the timeline I was working on. I thought it was no big deal, just went to the...
  4. Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10: Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10 131962
  5. How to automatically delete file after drag and drop

How to automatically delete file after drag and drop: Hi, how can I change the settings of a particular folder so that when I drag files out of it, the file will automatically delete from this folder (because it's already in the new folder and I don't need it in this one anymore? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!...
  6. RIGHT BUTTON Drag Drop has become almost impossible to use

RIGHT BUTTON Drag Drop has become almost impossible to use: I am referring drag dropping a file or folder with the RIGHT BUTTON held down Whenever i try to use this feature the context menu takes precedence. This has only happened recently (maybe since I installed 1809 in late Feb). If I persevere I can sometime get it to work. I...
  7. I dragged and dropped every day...until today

I dragged and dropped every day...until today: I can't even move my desktop icons! What the heck IS the issue with drag and drop suddenly going dark? It's NOT a Windows 10 problem, I've been dragging and dropping in10 since the initial upgrade (years now), but coincidentally, after saving a Word file to OneDrive (for the...
  8. How to change Drag-n-drop folder distance to zero?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Drag-n-drop folder distance to zero?: I want to change the distance I have to drag a folder before it starts moving, I would like it to be instantaneous. As in, as soon as I click on a folder it lets me start moving it. If I go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop and change the default DragHeight and...
  9. Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook: As per the latest findings, Microsoft appears to be working on several new features for the Chromium-based browsers. Late last week, a commit revealed that Microsoft is helping the Chromium-browsers to support the Windows 10’s system styling for captions displayed in a video....
  10. Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping: If I drag and drop an item to the desktop as the last item (see the attached pictures for an example of what I mean) it will not show up on the desktop, I don't even get that little white line showing where the item is going to be placed and regardless of what I do I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i drag icons on aarp driver safety course