Windows 10: Drag and Drop

Discus and support Drag and Drop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Drag and Drop

When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end?

:)

Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Win User
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Drag and Drop

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Drag and Drop

1. Drag and Drop - Similar Threads - Drag Drop

2. Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10: I have a series of pinned excel documents on the taskbar. On windows 7 I could drag and drop those pinned files to other folder locations(ie. E-mail, windows explorer, or the desktop). I noticed when I upgraded to Windows 10 there is no longer drag and drop functionality to...
  3. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  4. Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office: Hi - currently working in Windows 10. In former versions of Windows / Office, you could drag and drop files in the Save As dialog box. I use this most frequently to archive old versions of a file when saving up in excel, ppt, etc. No longer able to do so in Windows 10. Is...
  5. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  6. I have two displays for my Windows 10 computer. How do I drag and drop items or programs to...

I have two displays for my Windows 10 computer. How do I drag and drop items or programs to...: I want to be running a different program or viewing seperate documents on display 2. How do I do that? Right now it is a mirror image of my main monitor....
  7. Drag and drop

Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...
  8. Mouse Basics: What happened to mouse-based drag-and-drop?

Mouse Basics: What happened to mouse-based drag-and-drop?: IMHO Microsoft invented mouse-based "drag and drop" and it worked well up through Windows-7. Since then, it appears that Windows has become more tablet and/or touch screen centric and mouse-based drag-and-drop no longer works. What we all require is a mouse setting that...
  9. Black and white printing and also drag and drop from different browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black and white printing and also drag and drop from different browser: Why can't I choose to pring in black and white from the Edge browser? there is no option for this. Why can't I drag photos from google drive to my pictures file on my windows 10 operating system?...
  10. my logitech 810 wireless mouse won't drag and drop icons or windows from screen to screen...

my logitech 810 wireless mouse won't drag and drop icons or windows from screen to screen...: my logitech 810 wireless mouse copy and paste or drag and drop icons or windows from screen to screen I use 3 screens is this a mouse Issue or settings or driver ?...