Windows 10: Drag and Drop

Discus and support Drag and Drop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Drag and Drop

When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end?

:)

Taker13075, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Win User
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Drag and Drop

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Drag and Drop

1. Drag and Drop - Similar Threads - Drag Drop

2. drag and drop stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop stopped working: drag and drop suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-stopped-working/b73e4938-ca25-420d-a822-f9025fd39090"
  3. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  4. Drag and Drop not working, can't move explorer windows, Windows 10 is up to date

Drag and Drop not working, can't move explorer windows, Windows 10 is up to date: I had a problem start yesterday that I can't resolve and it's really making PC use inconvenient: I can't drag and drop files, move desktop icons, move files within a folder, or move open windows on the desktop. I can copy and paste, and cut and paste. An important clue I...
  5. drag and drop does not work

drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"
  6. Windows Explorer drag-drop a file, but Windows moves it back

Windows Explorer drag-drop a file, but Windows moves it back: Hi folks, I'm getting frustrated today. Editing and moving a lot of files around today, and suddenly I notice that when I drag and drop a file from one place in a folder tree to another place a few branches away, WinExp shows the move... but about 5 seconds later, it just...
  7. OneDrive drag and drop - can default action be changed from Move to Copy?

OneDrive drag and drop - can default action be changed from Move to Copy?: Hi, I'm using Microsoft OneDrive and finding it great. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is that the default drag-and-drop action for dragging files to OneDrive is Move, not Copy. Is there any way that changes the default action to Copy?...
  8. Hey everyone! I have an issue with drag and drop.

Hey everyone! I have an issue with drag and drop.: Hey everyone! So I just built myself a new pc and I am starting to install all of my favorite games and I installed Forza Horizon 4 but there is one problem. I want to keep Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop instead of my Start Menu but it won't let me put it on the desktop. I...
  9. Drag & Drop Photo w/a Windows 10 OS.

Drag & Drop Photo w/a Windows 10 OS.: I am trying to drag & drop a photo from Google photos to a profile picture in my AARP account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-photo-wa-windows-10-os/0041d80b-20d7-48f5-9f8c-14fe1c63ccb4
  10. Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10: I have a series of pinned excel documents on the taskbar. On windows 7 I could drag and drop those pinned files to other folder locations(ie. E-mail, windows explorer, or the desktop). I noticed when I upgraded to Windows 10 there is no longer drag and drop functionality to...