Windows 10: drag and move

Discus and support drag and move in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is my first computer using windows 10, I am unable to drag or move anything, can anyone please help me I have tried everything I know I must be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stitchingmom, May 27, 2020.

1. drag and move

This is my first computer using windows 10, I am unable to drag or move anything, can anyone please help me I have tried everything I know I must be doing something wrong. I am not use to using the padI have always used a regular mouse.

:)

stitchingmom, May 27, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, May 27, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 27, 2020
  4. Thanatica Win User

drag and move

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, May 27, 2020
Thema:

drag and move

1. drag and move - Similar Threads - drag move

2. I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...: I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not allowed symbol and several seconds later the folder disappeared. How am I able to get it back?...
  3. I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...: I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not allowed symbol and several seconds later the folder disappeared. How am I able to get it back?...
  4. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...: Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it...
  5. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...: Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it...
  6. System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another: WORKING ON ITThe screen dump on right above is a bit too small to read. Above the "I want to..." it says "Working on it"DUMP REQUIRED I wanted to get a system dump for troubleshooting a situation where File Explorer was hung "working on it" when I had executed a drag-and-drop...
  7. System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another: WORKING ON ITThe screen dump on right above is a bit too small to read. Above the "I want to..." it says "Working on it"DUMP REQUIRED I wanted to get a system dump for troubleshooting a situation where File Explorer was hung "working on it" when I had executed a drag-and-drop...
  8. System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another

9. Why am i dragging the blue box each time i move the pointer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why am i dragging the blue box each time i move the pointer?: Everytime i move the pointer the blue box moves and so does everything on my screen movefrom side to side. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-dragging-the-blue-box-each-time-i-move/f75fa4d1-0b8f-4f56-b5f6-e98adf6361fe
  10. File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files: Problem 1: I've been having an intermittent problem with moving files in Windows Explorer via drag 'n' drop for quite some time. I typically have two or more File Explorer windows open and position one where the file is and the other where I want the file to go; then I drag...