Windows 10: Drag & Drop file increment?

Discus and support Drag & Drop file increment? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Doc943, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Doc943 Win User

Drag & Drop file increment?

Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then save the copied file as abc_(1).jpg. I don't want a batch file, just certain files I choose to drag and drop. Perhaps the function is available in a 3rd party program rather than File Explorer?

:)

Doc943, Dec 22, 2016

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Actually, I think it is Drag & Drop in general.

I managed to trigger BSOD Drag & Dropping on the Desktop and also while moving files between Explorer windows.

I suppose it might also happen while Drag & Dropping using other programs.

Marco.Freire, Dec 22, 2016
  3. unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Original title: Drag & Drop

I am using IE 11 on Windows 10 and use a couple web based applications that require uploading PDF documents. Most use drag & drop in addition to browsing for files. I prefer to use drag & drop, but it doesn't seem to be working in IE 11. It works in Chrome,
    so I believe it is a IE 11 issue, rather than Windows. Is there a setting I need to change in order to allow me to drag & drop files from File Explorer to the IE web pages?

Cristy de Garay, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Doc943 Win User

Sorted. FastStone Image Viewer.

Doc943, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Drag & Drop file increment? - Similar Threads - Drag Drop file

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  5. Drag and drop freezing files

Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  6. Drag and drop

Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  7. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  8. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  9. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....