Windows 10: Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter

Discus and support Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there! I've this problem and I can't find any solution. I'm used to drag & drop pictures when I have to insert them inline in a mail, or in a FB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lio, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LIO
    Lio Win User

Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter

Hi there!

I've this problem and I can't find any solution.
    I'm used to drag & drop pictures when I have to insert them inline in a mail, or in a FB post or in Twitter.
    With Windows 10 I cannot!
    AS you can see here, my dragged picture cannot be dropped down in Gmail.

Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter [​IMG]

Does anyone have a solution? It's really boring having to push through folders to get the photo instead of drag there in a second.
    Thanks in advance

:)

2. Windows 10 drag & drop not working

I cannot drag & drop files in Windows 10, either between Explorer windows (on the desktop) or to Gmail in Chrome/Firefox/Edge. It seems to be a Windows issue than browser.

Stewart Baines, Oct 18, 2015
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Actually, I think it is Drag & Drop in general.

I managed to trigger BSOD Drag & Dropping on the Desktop and also while moving files between Explorer windows.

I suppose it might also happen while Drag & Dropping using other programs.

Marco.Freire, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter

I prefer to choose photo to upload as I know at least it will be on whatever I upload it too

hTconeM9user, Oct 18, 2015
  5. LIO
    Lio Win User
    Thanks for the reply *Smile

You might be right, but when you have to make hundreds of posts that include photos from everywhere, drag and drop is the best solution.
    And I'm doing in that way since years.

6. LIO
    Lio Win User
    No one have the same problem?
    It seems to me impossible.
    if so it would mean that the problem is related to my specific setup and I would not know where to look.
    Please help me *Sad

7. What browser are you using?

logicearth, Oct 18, 2015
  8. LIO
    Lio Win User

Thanks for the reply *Smile
    I'm using Chrome

9. You are not running Chrome as Administrator are you? I.e using the Run As option. Or turned UAC off?

For me drag and drop works just fine and I'm using Chrome.

logicearth, Oct 19, 2015
  10. LIO
    Lio Win User
    I'm running Chrome as Admin.
    I don't like the idea to turn off the UAC....
    The only thing I'm in doubt is the fact that my Chrome is a portable version.
    The drag & drop is working in IE and Edge.

11. That is your issue, you are running Chrome as admin, in a higher privileged process. Explorer is running in a lower privileged process and therefore cannot talk to a higher privileged process, this is what breaks drag and drop.

Realistically, you should never run an internet connected, visiting random locations, application as admin, far to risky.

logicearth, Oct 19, 2015
  12. LIO
    Lio Win User
    So, in your opinion, what should I do?
    Thank a lot *Smile

13. Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter

Not run Chrome as Administrator.

logicearth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Drag & drop from Explorer to Gmail or FB or Twitter - Similar Threads - Drag drop Explorer

2. Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop: After new updates Explorer Drag&Drop function is removed for being unpopular. I think this is a great mistake. Sorry to let you know that I'm gonna quit using Windows after this update. Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer Drag&Drop: After new updates Explorer Drag&Drop function is removed for being unpopular. I think this is a great mistake. Sorry to let you know that I'm gonna quit using Windows after this update. Thanks...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. drag and drop pictures into Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    drag and drop pictures into Gmail: Hi Can someone help please. I am in my late 70's and not too good on the workings of a pc! Every week I send pictures to my relatives using Gmail. I simple drag a picture from my pictures folder and drop it into the email. I have done this for years but it has suddenly...
  6. drag and drop pictures into Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop pictures into Gmail: Hi Can someone help please. I am in my late 70's and not too good on the workings of a pc! Every week I send pictures to my relatives using Gmail. I simple drag a picture from my pictures folder and drop it into the email. I have done this for years but it has suddenly...
  7. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  8. No Gmail or FB after crash

in Browsers and Email
    No Gmail or FB after crash: When my computer restarted after the power outage Saturday night in NYC everything looked good, except Gmail and FB. Both of them responded as if I were an unknown user. I managed to get FB working ok (because I sort of recalled the password), but gmail was very difficult. It...
  9. Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly: I was editing a video earlier today and dragged a file from file explorer into Adobe Premiere, but then immediately after it wouldn't let me drag the same file back in when I had deleted it from the timeline I was working on. I thought it was no big deal, just went to the...
  10. Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer: I find I'm unable to drag an drop in Explorer. For instance, when I want to extract a file from a zip file I drag to the folder and drop it but it doesn't get placed in the folder. This occurs with any drag and drop procedure. I am however able to copy and paste....