Windows 10: Drag function not working for anything

Discus and support Drag function not working for anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is getting to be incredibly frustrating. The drag function does not work for literally anything. Want to make a photo bigger in word? Have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hanahnah, Feb 9, 2019.

1. hanahnah Win User

Drag function not working for anything

This is getting to be incredibly frustrating. The drag function does not work for literally anything. Want to make a photo bigger in word? Have to manually type it in. Want to pull a tab out to make a new window? HAHA you can't! Want to pull a file on to your desktop, well honey you're gonna have to copy and paste. I reached out to a microsoft tech person and they did the classic updating/ uninstall the drivers, check for updates, reset your computer. I did it all and it got me back my click function! Oh yeah, did i mention that I couldn't click before and that I had to lightly tap my mouse pad. Confused the heck out of everyone who tries to use my computer. Do I sound salty? Well I am. I was just suffering through it and using workarounds like the ones I've mentioned or my touch screen if all else fails, but I just bought city skylines and they don't support touch screen and without the drag and drop the game is basically useless. The situation is getting dire. Plz help microsoft community cuz lawd knows tech support won't.

Other things I have tried:

Pressing the escape when dragging and dropping and some reconfig thing where I changed some number 1 to a number 10 (then restart).

:)

hanahnah, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Win User
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 9, 2019
  4. TinoArts Win User

Drag and drop stops working at random

Drag and drop functionality stops working at random. Sometimes it works for a whole day, sometimes it stops working after an hour of PC usage. I can't drag any file in explorer, nor in my desktop. And drag and drop functionality stops working in some apps
    as well (including Photoshop and Illustrator, which is a killer since I work as a designer).

So far I haven't found any other solution than a full restart.

I have tried the following:

1. Restarting, killing the explorer.exe process
    2. Disabling any process/service that might have something to do with it
    3. pressing the ESC key (I found this solution online, it worked for many)
    4. killing the Synergy process (worked for many as well, but I don't have Synergy even installed)
    5. Editing the EnableLUA registry (worked for many as well)
    It is really time-consuming when I have to restart the machine, with many huge work-in-progress documents, Chrome tabs and programs opened.

Do anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you very much.

TinoArts, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Drag function not working for anything - Similar Threads - Drag function working

2. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  3. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  4. Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.: Both the clipboard and drag and drop will break at random times, and across all applications. Restarting the computer fixes it, but I want to find a way to fix it without having to pause all my work, restart, and reopen everything, just for an hour or two of work time.The...
  5. Why is the click and drag function not working after updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the click and drag function not working after updates?: Ever since I updated my computer the click and drag function has been wonky and sometimes the clicks on other applications miss click, don't click, or open windows I don't want to be opened. What I've tried so far...A scan of the entire computer for malware and virusesMade...
  6. Why is the click and drag function not working after updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is the click and drag function not working after updates?: Ever since I updated my computer the click and drag function has been wonky and sometimes the clicks on other applications miss click, don't click, or open windows I don't want to be opened. What I've tried so far...A scan of the entire computer for malware and virusesMade...
  7. Why is the click and drag function not working after updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Function keys work but don't show anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys work but don't show anything: I have an Asus gaming notebook, and my function keys like volume keys and brightness shortcut keys work, but they no longer show than panel which used to appear showing a bar in which it showed the increase or decrease in volume/brightness. what should I do? Its annoying to...
  9. Cannot click and drag anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click and drag anything: I cannot click and drag anything. I cannot select multiple items, such as text or icons. I cannot move windows on the screen. I have checked my settings, installed the specific driver for my mouse, and have even done a full reinstall of Windows. The problem still persists....
  10. Windows 10 drag and drop not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 drag and drop not functioning: Windows 10m drag and drop not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-drag-and-drop-not-functioning/fda8bfb6-6b8e-4e3c-97f1-a2fd0b587a80