Windows 10: Drag multi-tasking not working properly?

Discus and support Drag multi-tasking not working properly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I try to drag a window into the right side of the screen it doesn't merge like it's supposed to. You know how it's supposed to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRyanatorM8, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Drag multi-tasking not working properly?

Every time I try to drag a window into the right side of the screen it doesn't merge like it's supposed to. You know how it's supposed to create a clear box to outline the right side of the screen beforehand? It doesn't do that most of the time. But when I do it with the top, bottom, or left side of the screen it works fine. Anyways sometimes the window even gets stuck and I have to press windows key + any arrow button to get it to show up again. Sometimes the font of that particular window increases dramatically for no reason. Anyone else have this issue? I tried using System File Checker tool to fix any corrupt Windows files (which it said it did) but nothing changed. Not the end of the world but I need to multitask a lot so it's very annoying.

submitted by /u/TheRyanatorM8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRyanatorM8, Feb 23, 2021

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Multi finger guester not working properly

Hi Mona,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask if were there any recent changes made to your computer?

For the troubleshooting steps, please check
    sh.gong
    's post on this link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Drag multi-tasking not working properly?

Drag, double tap functions, multi gesture processes are not working properly.

Hi,

For us to provide a solution suited to your multi-gesture not working issue, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the mouse settings?
    • Can you try connecting another mouse and see if the same thing will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the mouse driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps on how to update driver:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We'll wait for your response

Anne Ros, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Drag multi-tasking not working properly?

1. Drag multi-tasking not working properly? - Similar Threads - Drag multi tasking

2. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  3. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  4. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  5. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  6. Drag and drop not working properly

7. Multi-Tasking Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Tasking Stuck: Hello, can anyone help to remove this Multi-tasking from my screen its stuck and i dont want to restart my pc.thanks in advancebest regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-stuck/ea63debe-392b-4fd1-b5e3-669ff74e3f56
  8. Multi-Tasking Stuck

Multi-Tasking Stuck: Hello, can anyone help to remove this Multi-tasking from my screen its stuck and i dont want to restart my pc.thanks in advancebest regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-stuck/ea63debe-392b-4fd1-b5e3-669ff74e3f56
  9. Task view not working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task view not working properly: Task view was working good before. But now it only records history of Microsoft news and store. I tried reinstalling windows, but did not work. Even there is no clear history button in privacy settings. #Please tell what to do???????...
  10. SNAP assist, multi tasking tool not working

SNAP assist, multi tasking tool not working: I used to be able to drag a document/app to the left or right of the screen and it would snap into place alongside my other app. However now I get a green edge to the desktop screen and a large green number one in the middle of the screen and it won't allow me to snap...