Windows 10: Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

Discus and support Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OaSchwab, Mar 30, 2023.

1. OaSchwab Win User

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it like you're dragging an iconWhen I do this all of my apps that are open disappear. alt-tab does not show them. If I open up the task manager it shows the apps running as background processes but there's no way to get them back.1, firefox, chrome and word all open2 open image, drag from inside the image, see mouse lo

:)

OaSchwab, Mar 30, 2023

2. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Photos app not reading photos

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background... 268813d1583118047t-photos-app-not-reading-photos-2.png

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background... 268814d1583118064t-photos-app-not-reading-photos-1.png

- - - Updated - - -

In general, I’m gonna narrow it down, does your photos app see the photos in any folder in app data, yes I’ll see the folder apart of folders list but the pictures inside will not show In the collection. And again I say opening them will work it’s with it he app adding them to the collection. Check my previous post with attachments.

Steven Campoli, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

Photos app not reading photos

Yes I think it’s a insiders preview bug, this thread can be moved to windows insiders. @Edwin stated it works on normal builds but not in the latest insider build. thanks for the reply, glad it works on regular builds.

Steven Campoli, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

1. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background... - Similar Threads - Drag photo Microsoft

2. Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?: Hello. New windows update new atrocities.Since today whenever I open any photo in mentioned app, 1/5 of it is invisible because it is covered with filmstrip which contains thumbnails of other photos from that folder. I discovered that pressing F button on keyboard removes...
  3. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...: Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it...
  4. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  5. Background music in Photos App

Background music in Photos App: Hello Is it possible to have background music playing on selected images and muted in others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music-in-photos-app/decec2d0-768c-49de-bbe9-6022411fd3c6
  6. Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app: Hi I am having trouble to add photos to FB from Microsoft photo account. I can see my photos but when I want to add them on FB then I can not access photo app. How can I access my photos from uploading directly from Microsoft photo to Fb witout having to save it in another...
  7. Hide the top toolbar in Photos app

Hide the top toolbar in Photos app: In the past when viewing a photo in the Windows Photo app, I was able to left click once to hide the top toolbar. The toolbar with the "See all photos", and "Edit & Create" buttons. Left clicking does not seem to work anymore, and the top toolbar obstructs the top portion of...
  8. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move thousands photos to Photo app?: I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?...
  9. Moving video from Photos app to desktop

Moving video from Photos app to desktop: I have trimmed 8 videos in the Photo App and now want to move them to my desktop. They currently are in my Collection. How can I do this?...
  10. Photo app closes

Photo app closes: The windows 10 photo app crashes after being up for 10 to 15 seconds. If an individual picture is loaded it works fine. If I go to View collection it crashes or closes in a few seconds. I have two computers and both do the same thing. I have tried to restore my library but...