Windows 10: DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

Discus and support DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? No matter what I do, I cannot get the "Show window contents while dragging" feature to work in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tonyschwartz, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? No matter what I do, I cannot get the "Show window contents while dragging" feature to work in my Windows 10 environment. I have replaced the video card, updated drivers, fully cleaned drivers and re-installed, etc. I tried to set up a new / clean user profile thinking it might be user profile related. My video card is currently an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI. Previously, it was an GTX 430. Both cards acted the same, so I don't think it's the card. Something else in windows is causing this. Please don't tell me to make sure the "Show window contents while dragging" option is selected in the "Visual Effects" control panel applet. Anyone know of some way to debug this problem? It drives me crazy to only see the window outline when I drag a window around. Thanks for your help!

:)

tonyschwartz, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Force "Show window contents when dragging"

Hello Christian,

There are a few reports from users having the same concern. the option to "Show Windows content while dragging" is being disabled after reboot. Most of the users were able to fix the issue by setting the
    Power Options preferred plan into Best/High performance, and setting the
    Visual Effects to Best appearance at the same time.

Here is another method:

Note: The method to fix the issue will have Registry modification. Before you modify the Registry, make sure to back it up and understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. Please refer to this link: How
    to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type regedit.exe

3. Navigate to this key address:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    4. At the right pane, find and double-click the "DragFullWindows", and change its value to

DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work 719a28e1-4fa5-484c-8c30-208af3f57260.jpg

Once done, it is important to restart the PC. See if it helps, and get back to us with any results.

All the bests.

Marc Cai, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Arro Win User
    Cannot drag a document/web page etc to the other monitor

This worked:

Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break to open System.
    Step 2: Choose Advanced system settings.
    Step 3: Click Settings in Performance.
    Step 4: In the Performance Options window, deselect Show window contents while dragging, and then hit OK.

4. cshadd Win User

DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

Show Windows Contents While Dragging

Every time I reboot my computer, the option called Show Windows Contents While Dragging in the Appearance and Visual Effects keeps being disabled. I have to keep enabling every time and it is frustrating.

cshadd, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

1. DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work - Similar Threads - DragFullWindows Show Window

2. Cannot show protected content while streaming display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot show protected content while streaming display: I recently got a galaxy tab s6 lite and am trying to display my monitor contents on it for the purposes of making digital art. I connect the S6 as a wireless display, and my desktop DOES show up, but non of the thumbnails on my desktop are visible, and whenever I try to open...
  3. Cannot show protected content while streaming display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot show protected content while streaming display: I recently got a galaxy tab s6 lite and am trying to display my monitor contents on it for the purposes of making digital art. I connect the S6 as a wireless display, and my desktop DOES show up, but non of the thumbnails on my desktop are visible, and whenever I try to open...
  4. PC does not show the tablet's content

in Windows 10 Support
    PC does not show the tablet's content: the new Lenovo tablet is shown in the PC (windows 10) as "MTP USB device", but clicking on it gives "this file is empty", i.e., cannot read the tablet's content and cannot download anything thereto. Device Manager does identify the tablet but tells me that "device requires...
  5. See a window while dragging that window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    See a window while dragging that window.: When I grab a window to drag it somewhere else on my desktop, I cannot see the window while I am dragging it. I am using Windows 10, fully updated. Also, does whatever I do to set this setting get undone during an update or when I change a different setting that should be...
  6. drag and drop does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"
  7. Show windows contents while dragging:

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows contents while dragging:: Every few days I have to go into System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings and click Adjust for best appearance (even though it is already selected) then OK out of all of these dialog boxes. If I don't do this the windows are just wireframes like back in Windows...
  8. Show Windows Contents While Dragging

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Windows Contents While Dragging: Every time I reboot my computer, the option called Show Windows Contents While Dragging in the Appearance and Visual Effects keeps being disabled. I have to keep enabling every time and it is frustrating. 17144
  9. Show windows content while dragging checked, but not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows content while dragging checked, but not functioning: Every day I come back to my work pc and unlock the screen I notice the window content is just a black frame (like the old Windows 3.1 days) when dragging them around. I go into advanced system properties and settings under the performance tab and everything is already...
  10. Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show window contents while dragging in Windows 10 [img] Information You can set Windows 10 to show either the contents or outline of a window while you drag the window or...