Windows 10: Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

Discus and support Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy. Thank you. 100390 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Dec 14, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Dec 14, 2017
  2. DamienF88 Win User

drag & drop issues

My system was running well until I started having drag & drop issues ie:

o cannot drag messages within Thunderbird or to Explorer or Desktop

o cannot re-arrange tabs in Firefox (ok on Chrome and Edge)

o cannot drag URL from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)

o cannot drag images from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)

Debugging I tried:

o Creating a new account was of no help.

o Uninstalled Firefox, removed profile, and re-installed was of no help.

Any help welcome !

Thanks !

DamienF88, Dec 14, 2017
  3. jnerd_0792, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Dec 14, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Edwin.

I will give that a try this weekend.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop - Similar Threads - Dragging URL form

2. Desktop drag lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop drag lag: Whenever I drag an icon/shortcut on my pc it take a second to move it and is laggy. It’s also pretty laggy when I drag the blue box thingy to select multiple icons. Even just hovering the mouse over icons it takes awhile to register. And this is on a decent gaming pc and my...
  3. Filling forms on URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filling forms on URL: Recently I have been unable to fill forms as requested on URL. I start but after a word or two, I am cast out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-forms-on-url/b874b1bb-3c59-441d-adc0-7dc0e952cc38
  4. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  5. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  6. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  7. Edge form data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge form data: Edge does not retain any form data ever. Is there a work around? I find myself using Chrome because of the ease of forms. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-form-data/2cc7b2af-7196-4cb4-b7d1-16e8303d9e2b
  8. Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?: ....... I would like to add a Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut to an url and open in fullscreen (not just maximized). Can someone please tell me how to configure the shortcut ...?... 87651
  9. Drag and Drop in MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Drag and Drop in MS Edge: I see quite a few persons have complained that MS Edge does not allow one to drag and drop a URL onto say the desktop. I personally have no issues with it, but am trying to understand the reason why the alternatives to do this in MS Edge are relatively complicated when...
  10. icons on desktop will not drag

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on desktop will not drag: Win 10, 64 bit, recent upgrade from Win 7. Beginning this afternoon, all of a sudden, the icons on the desktop will not drag, they are fixed in place. I can delete them, open them, move them via right-click and 'copy to' or 'move to'. They simply will not move. I've...