Windows 10: Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

Discus and support Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10, you could drag a file such as an image from one application, hover over another application in the taskbar with it, then drag it into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blueprince7_12, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

In Windows 10, you could drag a file such as an image from one application, hover over another application in the taskbar with it, then drag it into one of those pop-up minimized application windows to copy or move it between applications.In Windows 11, it seems the taskbar no longer responds to dragged files for some reason. I found this a useful feature, so I don't know why it was removed. I think Microsoft should add it back in Windows 11.

:)

blueprince7_12, Jan 26, 2022
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jan 26, 2022
  3. drag and drop stops working on taskbar

It may help to give an example. E.g. I had some .dmp files in a .zip file and they would not open in windbg by association but they could be dragged to windbg's title bar. Other applications have other procedures. Also, I think we need to be precise about
    how we drag to a different Taskbar button. E.g. drag there, wait for the thumbnail, drag into the thumbnail, wait for the window, drag into the window and then drop wherever the application expects, depending on what you are trying to do. Etc.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

How to drag and move the taskbar on Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to move the right side vertical boundary of Start menu. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Right click on the Task bar
    and uncheck the option Lock the Taskbar and then try to drag and move the Taskbar to the location you wish.

Step 2: If above step fails, right click on Taskbar and click on
    Properties.

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens, select the location under the drop down menu of
    Taskbar location on screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

1. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar - Similar Threads - Dragging Files between

2. How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?: Dear Microsoft,I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature but, after a recent update, I find that it is not possible to drag subordinate subfolders or documents and drop them into a parent folder via taskbar. Presently, I am on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428.For...
  3. How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?: Dear Microsoft,I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature but, after a recent update, I find that it is not possible to drag subordinate subfolders or documents and drop them into a parent folder via taskbar. Presently, I am on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428.For...
  4. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  5. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  6. drag file to icon in taskbar

drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  7. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  8. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  9. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

10. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar: In Windows 10, you could drag a file such as an image from one application, hover over another application in the taskbar with it, then drag it into one of those pop-up minimized application windows to copy or move it between applications.In Windows 11, it seems the taskbar...