Windows 10: Dragging from monitor to monitor.

Discus and support Dragging from monitor to monitor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so I have made my ultrawide vertical for coding. but when I drag to my non vertical on my desk I can only drag from wherever the position is in Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/transfrr, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Dragging from monitor to monitor.

so I have made my ultrawide vertical for coding. but when I drag to my non vertical on my desk I can only drag from wherever the position is in Display settings. is there a way to make it so I can drag from the entire monitor? thanks.

submitted by /u/transfrr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/transfrr, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Dragging window to second monitor

Hi Lisa,

please check in settings -> system -> display

make sure that boxes representing the monitors reflect the actual position of the monitors.

if necessary drag the boxes to the correct position.

when dragging a window from one monitor to another, try to avoid the corners of the monitors

Martmcd, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Dragging from monitor to monitor.

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Dragging from monitor to monitor.

1. Dragging from monitor to monitor. - Similar Threads - Dragging monitor monitor

2. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  3. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  4. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dragging windows between dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging windows between dual monitors: PLEASE NOTE that this problem only began a few weeks ago and NO HARDWARE or SOFTWARE CHANGES were made to the system.Until recently, when I have a window maximized, I could grab it by the title bar and drag it across to the other display. When I did it, the application window...
  6. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  7. Unable to drag window to second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to drag window to second monitor: So my Windows 10 work computer was working fine yesterday, got up this morning and now my second monitor is all screwy. My cursor will go to it and be visible but when I try to drag a window to it, it vanishes. Like it's in the space where the display usually is but I can't...
  8. Second monitor window dragging issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor window dragging issue: Hi all, I have a laptop I use sometimes with a separate monitor, extending the desktop so I can work more effectively. However after I plug the laptop into the monitor and drag windows onto the second screen, they often minimise to a single line that I can barely see. I...
  9. Dragging window to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragging window to second monitor: Hello- I have connected a VGA / Hdmi cable from my laptop to a second monitor. The second monitor does show my pc screen, however, even after extending the display, I am unable to drag a window from pc to 2nd monitor. I have disabled Snap. I have double clicked the title bar...
  10. Dragging server screens on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dragging server screens on dual monitors: Hello, I am using dual monitors (in extend mode) in my workspace. I used to be able to drag screens back and forth to both monitors without issues. Since we had a recent desk move I am not able to move server screens anymore to the other monitor but yet I can drag...