Windows 10: Dragging icons problem

Discus and support Dragging icons problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I single click and try to move an icon on my desktop the program opens and I can't simply move the icon unless I try it several times. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roban, May 3, 2017.

1. roban Win User

Dragging icons problem

When I single click and try to move an icon on my desktop the program opens and I can't simply move the icon unless I try it several times. I do not have single click checked in folder options. The same thing happens for instance with Outlook, if I try to move the window by single clicking the top bar, the program will go to full screen and I cannot simply drag the window. This happens in every window. I have done a system restore, virus checks, double checked my settings, run scannow. I am about to do a reset but this is a last resort.

:)

roban, May 3, 2017
  2. Twonko Win User

Possible bug in the file manager

Dragging a file from Windows Explorer to the icon of an open program on the taskbar by dragging it straight downwards doesn't work. It gets jammed a couple of rows up from the bottom. By dragging the file left and then down onto the taskbar and then
    back along to the program icon, no such problem occurs. Happens every time to me. Does the same thing happen to other people?

Twonko, May 3, 2017
  3. How to arrange Icon on desktop in Windows 10

What you're suggesting is the problem. The icons CANNOT be dragged and dropped anymore. They scatter across the desktop and cannot be arranged like they used to. This just started recently and I know enough about Windows 10 to know that this is not normal
    behavior. I need a way to fix this. I DO NOT want them auto arranged on the left. I want to be able to drag and drop them where I want them to be.

WhiteWitch0519, May 3, 2017
  4. roban Win User

Dragging icons problem

It was a mouse problem.

roban, May 3, 2017
Thema:

Dragging icons problem

1. Dragging icons problem - Similar Threads - Dragging icons problem

2. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  3. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  4. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  5. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  6. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  7. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Dragging Lags: I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another, there's a 1-2 second lag before the move actually occurs. During this time, a slightly transparent "ghost" of the icon will remain...
  8. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  9. Can't Drag Icons to Dekstop (win10)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Drag Icons to Dekstop (win10)?: I've just got a new laptop with Windows 10. I've managed to add some icons to the desktop (during installation), but I want to add more for quick use. I'm trying to add Windows Media Player (example). I open start, find WMP, click and hold, and drag onto desktop. However,...
  10. icons on desktop will not drag

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on desktop will not drag: Win 10, 64 bit, recent upgrade from Win 7. Beginning this afternoon, all of a sudden, the icons on the desktop will not drag, they are fixed in place. I can delete them, open them, move them via right-click and 'copy to' or 'move to'. They simply will not move. I've...