Windows 10: Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

Discus and support Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dolpha, Oct 7, 2019.

1. dolpha Win User

Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

Hi,

Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or folder, moving the scroll bar, etc. It's not completely disabled but I need to try several times to make it work.

At the same time, the snap windows setting doesn't turn off even after turning that off in the Multitasking settings. The window is too sensitive and immediately turns to the full size when I try to move a folder or a window of an app. I think these issues are related. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

:)

dolpha, Oct 7, 2019
  2. dolpha Win User

Hi,

Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or folder, moving the scroll bar, etc. It's not completely disabled but I need to try several times to make it work.

At the same time, the snap windows setting doesn't turn off even after turning that off in the Multitasking settings. The window is too sensitive and immediately turns to the full size when I try to move a folder or a window of an app. I think these issues
    are related. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

dolpha, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

Hello Yeo,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • It would be best if you can send us a screenshot of the said issue.

Meanwhile, since you've mentioned that the issue only happens to Steam. You may also consider contacting them to check if this happens to be a bug in their program. Also, here's an
    article about using Snap feature on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows - Similar Threads - Dragging issue malfunctioning

2. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  3. SNAP DARK ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNAP DARK ISSUES: can you guys help me with this problem? its pretty disturbing when i work. when i split the window it is darker then the other one. so i need to click on the window everytime want to see the content from the other window....
  4. SNAP DARK ISSUES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNAP DARK ISSUES: can you guys help me with this problem? its pretty disturbing when i work. when i split the window it is darker then the other one. so i need to click on the window everytime want to see the content from the other window....
  5. Snap dragging doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap dragging doesn't work any more: Hi folks. I can winkey-left, choose window to show on the right and get a perfect split screen. Now, I used to be able to drag in the center get a thicker dragbar in the middle and auto-resize both windows simultaneously. Now, though, it just resizes one of the windows and...
  6. Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging windows Thumbnail snapping feature. How to turn it off?: How do I turn off this feature when dragging windows around? It is driving me nuts. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragging-windows-thumbnail-snapping-feature-how-to/c15f81ca-4cc0-4c61-b27a-891a58ef133e
  7. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap: I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention. I want to disable this, but the two options I...
  8. Windows snapping issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows snapping issue?: This has been driving me crazy for months and I got a new monitor and have tried finding solutions to this issue but can't find one. Whenever my programs/browsers snap to the corners using the snap features, it snaps on perfectly, but eventually (not sure how) it returns to...
  9. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing): I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow keys. What drives me nuts is when I'm resizing a window by dragging the edge but I get too close to an edge and windows decides...
  10. Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window: I've run into an issue where one of my windows, specifically Steam, isn't snapping properly on my second screen to the left; snapping anywhere on the first screen is fine. This all started after I launched Warcraft 3 causing Windows to resize the desktop's resolution to...