Windows 10: Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

Discus and support Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My two monitors are mounted vertically, A on the top, B on the bottom. When I drag a maximized window from B to A, it auto-maximizes on A if I release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnhoh, Apr 26, 2019.

1. johnhoh Win User

Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

My two monitors are mounted vertically, A on the top, B on the bottom. When I drag a maximized window from B to A, it auto-maximizes on A if I release the drag right at the top of the monitor due to SNAP's "arrange windows automatically when dragged to top of screen". But there seems to be NO WAY to drag a maximized window from A to B. It loses its maximized state no matter what. I fear this inability is a feature not a bug! Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

:)

johnhoh, Apr 26, 2019

2. Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting on W7 but not W10.

In W7, not only could I drag the window while it was maximized, if I just grabbed the title bar and moved it down a smidge, the window would un-maximize (as if I'd double clicked the title bar), I could also touch the mouse pointer to the top of the monitor I was dragging it to, and the window would maximize. If I didn't touch the top of the monitor, the window would stay where I placed it and not resize.

W10, I cannot drag a maximized window, nor will it maximize if I touch the top of the monitor with the mouse pointer while I'm dragging.

Can I change settings in W10 to make window dragging behave like it did in W7?

Thank you.

1Mythical1, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

What are your 'Snapping' settings set to?

Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

1. Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization - Similar Threads - Dragging maximized window

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Maximize window on multiple monitors setup maximizes across all monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize window on multiple monitors setup maximizes across all monitors.: Hi,I have a setup where my laptop is attached to 2 additional monitors, so now I have a 3 monitor setup.Sometimes when I have a window and click the maximize button, instead of maximizing on the active monitor, it maximizes it across all 3 monitors. which makes it completely...
  6. Maximize window on multiple monitors setup maximizes across all monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximize window on multiple monitors setup maximizes across all monitors.: Hi,I have a setup where my laptop is attached to 2 additional monitors, so now I have a 3 monitor setup.Sometimes when I have a window and click the maximize button, instead of maximizing on the active monitor, it maximizes it across all 3 monitors. which makes it completely...
  7. Dragging a window maximizes it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging a window maximizes it: I’m having an issue using windows 10 where when I try and drag a window it automatically maximizes with a green number 1. I’ve found threads with same issue and tried disabling the “prevent windows” option in ease of access but I want the sizing hot keys and options. Is there...
  8. Drag window to maximize/restore size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag window to maximize/restore size: On my win10pro workstation I'm able to drag a window to the top of the screen to maximize it. In the same way, I can drag it down to restore it. I really like this feature and it has become my go to way of maximizing/restoring windows. Now to the problem. This feature is...
  9. Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

in Windows 10 Support
    Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.: Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting on W7 but not W10. In W7, not only could I drag the window while it was maximized, if I just grabbed the title bar and moved...
  10. Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Dragging Maximized Windows in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, you can drag a maximized window from its title bar to restore down or move to another display. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag window to top bottom maximize