Windows 10: Dragging server screens on dual monitors

Discus and support Dragging server screens on dual monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using dual monitors (in extend mode) in my workspace. I used to be able to drag screens back and forth to both monitors without issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamieStewart4, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Dragging server screens on dual monitors

Hello,

I am using dual monitors (in extend mode) in my workspace. I used to be able to drag screens back and forth to both monitors without issues. Since we had a recent desk move I am not able to move server screens anymore to the other monitor but yet I can drag everything else across both screens.

The server screens seem to "disappear" at the border of the screen but yet my cursor is visible on the second screen.

Would anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

:)

JamieStewart4, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 24, 2018
  3. leighca Win User
    Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens

I haven't been able to figure out why my Excel pages resist being dragged across my dual monitor screens without first being minimized. "Drag and Drop" movement across monitor screens works for all my other applications. Anyone has a clue on this?

Thanks.

leighca, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Dragging server screens on dual monitors

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Dragging server screens on dual monitors

1. Dragging server screens on dual monitors - Similar Threads - Dragging server screens

2. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  3. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  4. Dragging windows between dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging windows between dual monitors: PLEASE NOTE that this problem only began a few weeks ago and NO HARDWARE or SOFTWARE CHANGES were made to the system.Until recently, when I have a window maximized, I could grab it by the title bar and drag it across to the other display. When I did it, the application window...
  5. Lock screen on dual monitors

Lock screen on dual monitors: I can't get my lock screen to show on both monitors. When it's locked only one shows the lock screen and the other is pitch black. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-on-dual-monitors/643c270b-f196-4122-bbef-371a14643489
  6. Screen saver for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  7. Dual Monitor Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Screen Lock: I have dual monitors set up that work fine; however, when I lock my screen then come back, everything I have open is piled up on the Primary monitor, and I have to move everything around again to where I had originally placed everything. It is time consuming and annoying. Is...
  8. screen saver on dual monitors

screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...
  9. Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens: I haven't been able to figure out why my Excel pages resist being dragged across my dual monitor screens without first being minimized. "Drag and Drop" movement across monitor screens works for all my other applications. Anyone has a clue on this? Thanks. 47624
  10. Dual screens (cant drag windows)

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual screens (cant drag windows): I have a secondary screen set up for movies or whatever while I play games and other things, there is a problem with dragging any program screen over to the secondary screen. For some reason when I try to drag it over it will just get stuck on the side of the screen and go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dragging across screens

2. dragging screens with two computer screens

3. dragging screens