Windows 10: Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working

Discus and support Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This literally just worked the other day or maybe other week but regardless.....It has taken me quite some time to figure out how to do this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Sebranek, May 22, 2024.

1. Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working

This literally just worked the other day or maybe other week but regardless.....It has taken me quite some time to figure out how to do this still looking, which means less time for me to be "productive" at work because I am trying to find workaroundsWhat purpose does it serve to have a useless taskbar filled with icons that Windows seems to think are important to me and I cannot change? Can I just revert to windows 10 settings somehow?

:)

John Sebranek, May 22, 2024

2. Windows 10 move .bat shortcut to task bar

I want to be able to launch a .bat file I've written from the task bar.

I've successfully created the shortcut and have located it in Explorer. However, Windows doesn't do anything when I drag the shortcut to the task bar, and it doesn't display "task bar" as a destination in the "Send To" menu.

Is this a new restriction, or is it possible to have a bat launcher on the task bar?

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a .bat file on the desktop (contents don't matter).
    • Create a shortcut to that .bat file.
    • Try to drag the shortcut to the task bar from Explorer.
    • Right-click the shortcut and look in vain for some way of making it launchable from the task bar.
    • GIVE UP

user234461, May 22, 2024
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, May 22, 2024
  4. Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working

1. Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working - Similar Threads - Dragging shortcuts task

2. Windows + L shortcut no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows + L shortcut no longer works: On both my work and personal PCs, the Windows Key + L shortcut which used to quickly lock the computer has suddenly stopped working. When pressed, all it does is make a ding sound and the screen does not lock.This is not an isolated issue as it's happened on two separate...
  3. Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working

Dragging shortcuts into windows task bar no longer working: This literally just worked the other day or maybe other week but regardless.....It has taken me quite some time to figure out how to do this still looking, which means less time for me to be "productive" at work because I am trying to find workaroundsWhat purpose does it...
  4. Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar: Why in the hell did windows do away with this feature? Instead of a folder there is an icon of a monitor. I am unable to click on the monitor and drag it into the contents of the folder to create a shortcut....
  5. Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar

Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar: Why in the hell did windows do away with this feature? Instead of a folder there is an icon of a monitor. I am unable to click on the monitor and drag it into the contents of the folder to create a shortcut....
  6. Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar: Currently in windows 11 we can't drag and drop files or folders into task bar please add a fix for this we can do this with an extra application from store but it's not a convenient way in windows 10 it was very easy but in windows 11 it's worst please add a fix on this...
  7. Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar: Currently in windows 11 we can't drag and drop files or folders into task bar please add a fix for this we can do this with an extra application from store but it's not a convenient way in windows 10 it was very easy but in windows 11 it's worst please add a fix on this...
  8. Drag multi-tasking not working properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag multi-tasking not working properly?: Every time I try to drag a window into the right side of the screen it doesn't merge like it's supposed to. You know how it's supposed to create a clear box to outline the right side of the screen beforehand? It doesn't do that most of the time. But when I do it with the top,...
  9. Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update: Just did the latest Windows 10 update and now the task bar will not hide. Have changed settings back and forrth and it still will not hide....
  10. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1