Windows 10: Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers

Discus and support Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a normal laptop with standard touchpad with windows precision drivers. Today, most of the laptop touchpad use windows precision drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krischal Khanal, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers

I am using a normal laptop with standard touchpad with windows precision drivers.

Today, most of the laptop touchpad use windows precision drivers, and are mostly gesture controlled. While we have many features like zooming in and out, rotating clock and anti clock wise and three fingers and four fingers gestures like swiping and tapping, certain of the core functionality appears to be absent. Just because very few people use it doesn't mean that feature is not important.

The features are dragging with right click and middle click. There are many applications, and windows interface features that support dragging with right click, and some applications including many games that support middle click and drag, and used as a separate functionality. With those features absent in your touchpad drivers, and without a mouse laying around nearby, you are left completely incapable to perform those actions in your laptop.

Dragging with right click is very easy if you are using mouse, you just right click and hold, and start moving cursor. But for touchpad based systems, whole touchpad is a click button, it is very tedious to click on the right bottom corner, and keep pressing while moving cursor to perform the action.

For left and right click, we use one finger tap and two finger tap gesture respectively. And for left click drag, we double one finger tap and drag or in other words, we perform left click gesture and move the cursor within very short time of left click with one finger tap, in order to drag with left click.

What seems to be absent is the same feature dragging with right click and even middle click.

Now, I would like to present the solution, that I think some of the people have already come up with. I think, in order to be able to perform dragging with right click in touchpad with gesture, the gesture should be two finger tap immediately followed by moving the cursor using a single finger. Similarly for dragging with middle click, three finger tap immediately followed by moving the cursor using a single finger could also be applied.

Now if there is some problem while applying this, then single finger movement after the respective taps, can be replaced by sliding on the touchpad with same number of fingers that is used for tapping.

I know this absence is felt by many people and are waiting for a similar solution to this. I hope someone that is capable of solving this at Microsoft reads this discussion and solve this problem. Hope for the best.

:)

Krischal Khanal, Feb 19, 2021

2. Click and Drag using Touchpad Win 10 without separate Left Key

Hi Mike,

Your touchpad should be able to support click and drag, scroll, and other touchpad gestures. If you're unable to that, then verify if you have a precision touchpad. Just go to
    Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad. It should say Your PC has a precision touchpad under
    Touchpad.

Below are some of the gestures it should support:

• Select an item by tapping on the touchpad.
    • Scroll by placing two fingers on the touchpad and slide vertically or horizontally.
    • Do a right-click by tapping the touchpad with two fingers.
    • Drag an open window by double-tapping and dragging from the title bar.

In case you're still unable to click and drag or do other touchpad gestures, then we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer so they can further check on the case.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Does Windows Precision Driver for touchpads support right click and hold

Hi WitherZiby,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor.

Kindly check these details.

Check if your device supports Precision Touchpad

-Open Settings.

-Click on Devices.

-Click on Touchpad.

*Under "Touchpad," it should read: "Your PC has a precision touchpad."

Alternatively, if your device doesn't include support for Precision Touchpads, you can use this workaround to replace the current trackpad driver with the Microsoft driver for laptops that use Synaptics or Elan drivers.

-How to enable (or disable) Precision Touchpad

Open Settings.

Click on Devices.

Click on Touchpad.

Turn on (or off) the Touchpad toggle switch.

-How to customize taps with Precision Touchpad

Open Settings.

Click on Devices.

Click on Touchpad.

Under the "Taps" section, use the Touchpad sensitivity drop-down menu to adjust the sensitivity level of the touchpad. Options available, include:

Most sensitive.

High sensitive.

Medium sensitivity (default and optimal).

Low sensitive.

Select the tap gestures that you want to use on Windows 10. Options available include:

*Tap with a single finger to single-click.

*Tap with two fingers to right-click.

*Tap twice and drag to multi-select.

*Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click.

How to customize scroll and zoom with Precision Touchpad

Open Settings.

Click on Devices.

Click on Touchpad.

Use the "Scrolling direction" drop-down menu to change the scrolling gestures. Options available include:

-Down motion scrolls up.

-Down motion scrolls down.

How to customize three-finger (or four-finger) gestures with Precision Touchpad

Open Settings.

Click on Devices.

Click on Touchpad.

Under the "Three-finger gestures" section, you can use the Swipes drop-down menu to customize gestures using three fingers. The available options are:

*Nothing: Turns off three-finger gestures on Windows 10.

*Switch apps and show desktop: Enables three-finger swipe up to open Task View, down to show the desktop, and left and right to switch between apps.

*Switch desktop and show desktop: Enables three-finger swipe up to open Task View, down to show the desktop, and swipe left and right to switch between virtual desktops.

*Change audio and volume: Allows you to swipe up to turn the system volume up, down to turn the volume down, and left and right to skip to the previous or next song using a music app.

*Custom: Turns on the custom gestures configured in the advanced settings page.

Use the Taps drop-down menu to customize the three-finger tapping action. Options available, include:

Nothing.

Share with Cortana.

Action Center.

Play/pause.

Middle mouse button.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Feb 19, 2021
  4. at3g Win User

Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers

Windows 10 Precision Touchpad 2 Finger Click & Drag

My Dell XPS 13 has a precision touchpad, or in other words, only offers the settings within Start>Settings>...

With a mouse, I often use a right click and drag gesture to access a context menu specific to dragging selected objects from one place to another. In the past, on a touchpad, I have used a 2 finger click (AKA right click) and drag to achieve the same goal
    as mentioned with the mouse.

I have read and understand the available settings for configuring a touchpad within Windows 10. I have set them as they should be:

Gesture Settings:

Allow taps...: Off

Press... lower-right...: Off

Dbl-tap and drag: Off

2-Finger tap right click: Off

2-Finger scroll...: On

2-Finger pinch...: On

Is the gesture that I want unavailable?

Thanks.

Thema:

Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers

1. Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers - Similar Threads - Dragging right click

2. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  3. Does Windows Precision Driver for touchpads support right click and hold

Does Windows Precision Driver for touchpads support right click and hold: So I got a new laptop and notice straight away that I couldn't hold down the right click gesture using 2 fingers to hold right click it results in a held left click. I went to their support team who stated they could not do anything since the only touchpad driver installed is...
  4. Synaptics locking drags - missing with precision touchpad drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics locking drags - missing with precision touchpad drivers: On my personal laptop, I have Synaptics control panel and it has a setting called "Locking Drags", which keeps a double-tap-to-drag drag enabled indefinitely, until I do a final tap to end the drag. On my work laptop, I have a Synaptics "precision touchpad" but no Synaptics...
  5. Touchpad middle click not working for gestures

Touchpad middle click not working for gestures: I have my Windows Precision touchpad configured so it does the middle click when I do a 3 finger tap. It was working on my touchpad before. In the past week or so, it has not been working. I am able to do other actions with the 3 finger tap like activate Windows search. For...
  6. Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI: Hello, I have msi laptop. I wanted to use precision touchpad gestures. It is working somehow, but I cannot change any of the settings. It changes in settings, but when I use it keeps working as if I didnt change it. Help me please :)...
  7. Precision touchpad and Logitech mouse gestures in a VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Precision touchpad and Logitech mouse gestures in a VM?: I'm looking for the best VM setup where I can use the touchpad with Precision gestures or for Logitech Master mouse with all its gestures in a VM. Having "just" a plain mouse in a VM, is really limiting when you are used to lots of gestures that can make your work much...
  8. Can't right click using touchpad

Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...
  9. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...
  10. ASUS Precision Touchpad Right-Click Problem

ASUS Precision Touchpad Right-Click Problem: Hello everyone, I have a ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360UA, running Windows 10 Home Single Language (English). When I got this laptop, I installed a clean Windows (same version as mentioned). I have installed the latest drivers from ASUS website and updated Windows as well. I...