Windows 10: Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop

Discus and support Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Launching the game from Xbox Game Pass app or from desktop icon does not work. After several attempts the game pass login screen appeared and accepted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Leolooleoloo, May 15, 2021.

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop

Launching the game from Xbox Game Pass app or from desktop icon does not work. After several attempts the game pass login screen appeared and accepted the questions, but it still does not work. Ran with admin access, updated video card, no improvement. Any help will be much appreciated!

:)

Leolooleoloo, May 15, 2021

2. My computer's screen is black on startup

Let's work with this workaround to address this issue.

You'll have to log in to your account while in the black screen. The sequence for that is to press any key to remove the initial login screen. Type in your password and press enter. At this point you should briefly see
    your desktop that confirms you've made it past the login screen.

1. Now, once the screen goes black press CTRL + ALT + DELETE.

2. Wait for the screen to display something again.

3. Press escape to return to your desktop.

4. These steps are timing step. Once the screen is displaying your desktop, press
    CTRL + ALT+ DELETE again and your screen should display the standard options.

5. The screen should now turn black. Once it goes black, press
    escape
    . Now your screen should now be working.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, May 15, 2021
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2021
  4. Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop

Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop - Similar Threads - Dragon Quest Builders

2. BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP: The last few times I have booted up my computer it has taken longer than usual. A black screen appears for about 8 seconds before it successfully boots. I have an SSD drive, so it normally boots very rapidly. I had run Powershell chkdsk /x /f /r and boot up was fine afterward...
  3. Lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup . . .: I have two Windows 10 computers. The lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup on one of the computers. On the other computer, the lockdown is not displayed during startup.Where in settings do I go to enable or disable display of the lockdown screen during startup?...
  4. Saved games do not sync with cloud in Dragon quest XII

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved games do not sync with cloud in Dragon quest XII: I reinstalled Windows and when i try to play Dragon Quest XI it says an unknown error has ocurred. I can play it in streaming with a phone or tablet and the saved games are still there. But for some reason it does not sync with game pass app. Any tips? Thanks in advance....
  5. Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition Fatal Error on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition Fatal Error on launch: Hello, I get the below on launch as soon as I installed the game through xbox game pass on PC Windows 10. I tried turning off my firewall, reinstalling the game twice and reverting my nvidia driver back to the oldest version. Any idea what could be causing this?...
  6. Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Briefly flashs at startup: after logging on my computer, it loads my desktop with my background and taskbar. Then starts flashing rapidly between black nothingness and a my desktop (taskbar flashes glitchily as well) And then another 30ish seconds it all goes back to normal and the computer works...
  7. Occulus Quest 2 and WMR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occulus Quest 2 and WMR: Is the occulus quest 2 compatible with WMR games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/occulus-quest-2-and-wmr/b9725db7-79e2-423b-baa1-ef901427b4ce
  8. Dragon Quest XI S - FATAL ERROR crash after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon Quest XI S - FATAL ERROR crash after launch: I installed Dragon Quest XI S from the Microsoft Store with my Gamepass subscription. Whenever I try launching the game, it doesn't even get to "Please sign in to a profile" before giving me a generic "FATAL ERROR" message, crashing after I click OK. A friend said they...
  9. Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.: Whenever I start up youtube and click a video on my pc, the screen briefly flashes black, then turns back on. I am wondering if this might be something to do with the computer or the software....
  10. 2 display screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 display screens: Suddenly I have two displays screen--the top one can delete both screens but the front one cannot delete either screen. They seem to be connected as one. I googled for help and followed direction, rt click on blank desktop and go to multiple screens. That seemed to only...