Windows 10: DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?

Discus and support DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I am looking at cheap SSD 128gb disks to replace old HDD and found out that these cheap SSD's are without DRAM which expensive ones have.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandisk, Nov 15, 2018.

1. sandisk Win User

DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?

Hi Folks,
    I am looking at cheap SSD 128gb disks to replace old HDD and found out that these cheap SSD's are without DRAM which expensive ones have.
    Question - is it ok to buy SSD without DRAM for daily use - OS, web browsing or there is strong NO to these SSD's?
    Understand that these drives will be slower, but it is ok with me. What about life time? MTBF varies from 1.5 million to 2.5 million.
    So want to know Your thoughts.
    Thanks.

:)

sandisk, Nov 15, 2018

2. what is DET DRAM?

"DET DRAM" means "Detecting DRAM."
    if your board is hanging on that step of the boot process, try some different ram.

Random Murderer, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile DRAM-less SSD  - Yes or No? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 15, 2018
  4. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No? - Similar Threads - DRAM less SSD

2. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD size shows less than expected: I have msi gf63 thin 9scxr gaming laptop and bought it in fall of 2020. to this day i used to believe it had 270gb in total, only 150gb available but as i searched further it was supposed to be 512gb which equals to 476gb in msinfo32. why does it show like this.?grateful for...
  3. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD size shows less than expected: I have msi gf63 thin 9scxr gaming laptop and bought it in fall of 2020. to this day i used to believe it had 270gb in total, only 150gb available but as i searched further it was supposed to be 512gb which equals to 476gb in msinfo32. why does it show like this.?grateful for...
  4. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on: 3 days ago I got the pc components pc specs, i assembled the pc and everything worked fine for 48 hours. Now the pc, even without loads, freeze and does not bsod, I have to turn it off from the button on the case and when restart, the yellow led on dram lights up. To solve I...
  6. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on: 3 days ago I got the pc components pc specs, i assembled the pc and everything worked fine for 48 hours. Now the pc, even without loads, freeze and does not bsod, I have to turn it off from the button on the case and when restart, the yellow led on dram lights up. To solve I...
  7. New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available: Samsung Electronics America, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced the 980 NVMe SSD[1], the company’s first consumer drive without DRAM. Delivering the highest performance among DRAM-less SSDs[2], the new 980 makes blazing NVMe speeds more...
  8. New Gaming PC DRAM Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Gaming PC DRAM Problems: I recently built my new gaming pc, using ryzen 5 3600, ASRock B550 Pro 4 motherboard and two sticks of crucial 3600mhz memory. Now, everything works fine when i select the auto dram speed in the bios, and my pc boots into windows like normal. When i select the XMP profile to...
  9. PC Not Booting DRAM Flashing on Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not Booting DRAM Flashing on Motherboard: A couple of days ago I performed a scan and clean on my computer with the software I had downloaded. I had used it multiple times with no issues just to make sure all of my drivers were updated and there were no useless files on my computer to keep more free storage. The...
  10. Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

in Windows 10 News
    Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously: DRAM isn't nearly as reliable as vendors would like you to think. Now researchers have shown that bit flips can be induced maliciously by simple user-level programs. Will vendors fix the problem? As documented in DRAM error rates: Nightmare on DIMM street, DRAM error rates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd tools software

2. SSD without DRAM

3. ssd com dram less

4. ssd no dram