Windows 10: Dramatically slow performance

Discus and support Dramatically slow performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has been dramatically slow for the last 8-10 days. It has 4GB DDR4 RAM & HDD 1TB harddrive. Nowadays most of the time the RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdeebAyub, Jan 28, 2021.

1. AdeebAyub Win User

Dramatically slow performance

My Windows 10 laptop has been dramatically slow for the last 8-10 days.

It has 4GB DDR4 RAM & HDD 1TB harddrive.

Nowadays most of the time the RAM and Harddrive look 100% full.

Dramatically slow performance 0bfdfba6-59d2-4938-8923-219fd9962159?upload=true.jpg

What should I do?

:)

AdeebAyub, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Slow Windows performance

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you make any changes to the settings?
    I suggest you to run Maintenance task and check if it helps to resolve the system slowness.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance or using high memory space, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs
    are running at the same time.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel

2) Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3) Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

4) Click on System maintenance.

5) Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials
    if required).

6) Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Dramatically slow performance

Dramatic slow down of computer

I have a desktop running Windows 10 Home v. 1709 Intel Core 3.2120T cpu 2.605 (none of which I understand) and I have a dramatic slow down for about a week now. What's going on?

kpclueless, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Dramatically slow performance

1. Dramatically slow performance - Similar Threads - Dramatically slow performance

2. Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware: Hello all. These past couple of days have been really hard with my laptop. I use an Alienware M15 R4 that's supposed to run smoothly. Yesterday, January 7th, I started noticing very dramatic performance drops including significant drops in FPS, and a big increase in...
  3. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  4. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  5. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  6. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  7. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. file transfer dramatically slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer dramatically slow: I have an issue with slow file transfer windows 10. I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1. If launched from local drive works perfect 2. If launched from mapped drive same folder on the same hdd works very slow 3. If...
  9. PC performance dramatically degraded and no idea whats causing it?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC performance dramatically degraded and no idea whats causing it?: I've confirmed that my computer performance has degraded noticeably today, to be more specific losing about 30-40 fps in video games and I have no idea whats causing it. I haven't made any major changes that I can recall, and dont know how to exactly pin point what the issue...
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...