Windows 10: Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post

Discus and support Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just added a reply to this post: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/104884-whats-proper-way-naming-files.html#post1807489 I have been doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Jan 3, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post

DonMurray, Jan 3, 2020
  2. avioing Win User

Change naming convention for WP pictures and videos?

Is there a way to change the filename convention for new photos and videos?

Here is why I am asking: we have 2 WP phones, and we periodically combine photos from both. Since the phones use the same naming convention, I risk overwriting the files (WP_00001 from one phone with WP_00001 from the other phone).

I have not been able to find any options either on the phone or in Zune to change the naming convention. Is ther a way to do this?

Thanks

avioing, Jan 3, 2020
  3. PeteK 68 Win User
    Change naming convention for WP pictures and videos?

Also, meta information is not kept in the video file itself so the ability specify a naming convention would be helpful for that reason.

WP_000001.mp4 is meaningless... how about something like PhoneName-20110530-002453.mp4

At least would solve the problem I'm having as well as your filenames colliding.

PeteK 68, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post

services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase
    alpha numeric characters, contrary to the naming policy conventions of the past. Are these bona-fide services, that should be part of the latest set of WIndows 10 updates?

ssscottstewartsss, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post

1. Drawing Attention to File Naming Convention Post - Similar Threads - Drawing Attention File

2. Game Bar Captures File Naming conventions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game Bar Captures File Naming conventions: Is there a way to tweak in the settings or date/time region formatting to determine the default naming conventions of how game bar names the captured files?Recently I just noticed that Game Bar screenshots file names are now {game name}_{DD-MM-YY}_{timestamp}, with MM being...
  3. Game Bar Captures File Naming conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Captures File Naming conventions: Is there a way to tweak in the settings or date/time region formatting to determine the default naming conventions of how game bar names the captured files?Recently I just noticed that Game Bar screenshots file names are now {game name}_{DD-MM-YY}_{timestamp}, with MM being...
  4. Game Bar Captures File Naming conventions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting up Naming Conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  6. Setting up Naming Conventions

Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  7. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  8. Screenshot naming conventions

Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  9. Naming Convention in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Naming Convention in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread. I use windows 10 but I joined the Beta group and I am not sure. I have windows defender. I don't understand what a naming convention is. I have been through so much and I am seriously overwhelmed. I live on a fixed income and it's not an option for...
  10. Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention: Is there an office product eg - Sharepoint? that I can use on my website, so visitors who want to upload word or pdf documents for my review, rename those files into my file naming convention? Eg - before they upload the file, they input date etc. Detailed egs - Perhaps...