Windows 10: Drifting cursor

Discus and support Drifting cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by max22, Nov 11, 2015.

1. max22 Win User

Drifting cursor

Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a mind of his own, it tends to move in any direction at random and if I am in Explorer, at times, it transfers files from one location to another;

This problem seemed to happen a few week after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10; Everything else appears to work very satisfactorily;

Any suggestion would be appreciated;

:)

max22, Nov 11, 2015

2. Cursor

My cursor is drifting. How can I fix it?

TomMcCarthy1951, Nov 11, 2015
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Anthony's response is not helpful. The solution he pointed to does not work and I would advise everyone to run the other way from his so-called solution.

HighlyFrustrated25, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Drifting cursor

1. Drifting cursor - Similar Threads - Drifting cursor

2. mouse drifts only on STEAM program. what is the best way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse drifts only on STEAM program. what is the best way to fix it?: how do I fix the mouse drift on STEAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-drifts-only-on-steam-program-what-is-the/4d4a2c0a-72db-4f46-a99e-b06dc65e81aa
  3. Still circle drifting on mouse that no-one seems to be able to actually explain.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still circle drifting on mouse that no-one seems to be able to actually explain.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SqwashGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8zq82/still_circle_drifting_on_mouse_that_noone_seems/
  4. Time Drift on Windows 10 Domain joined PC when working from home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Drift on Windows 10 Domain joined PC when working from home: Similar to this https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2255768-windows-10-time-drift-off-domain?started_from=new_top... Time drifts as cannot talk to DC when away from office. But a Is there a way to have BOTH domain sync and time.windows.com failover style, DC first,...
  5. Controller drift when controller works fine on console

Controller drift when controller works fine on console: Every time I try to use a controller on Windows 10, it displays a large amount of drifting despite it not showing this problem on its intended console. Tried both Dualshock 4 and Switch pro controller and both had the issue despite both being new. Calibration doesn't work...
  6. Question about time drift in window 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about time drift in window 10 Enterprise LTSC: Hi, I have a HMI touch panel PC which installed with windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809. This PC is isolated from internet access and will be used for getting data from PLCs using SCADA software. This PC first is synchronize with time server through internet. Then...
  7. mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically: happenes on my desktop pc, its not a hardware issue, mouse working fine on my laptops. also if i remove the mouse, the cursor still moves slowly without a mouse attached! definately a windows issue. does any1 had this before? submitted by /u/qjay [link] [comments]...
  8. Drifting cursor with a brand new Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Drifting cursor with a brand new Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: I just bought the Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard & mouse set. When the mouse is turned on, the cursor drifts to the top right of my screen. I've restarted, checked the batteries, made sure there's no lint confusing the mouse's optics, moved the receiver to a different port,...
  9. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10: Hi Everyone, This is my first time posting, so I'm sorry for any formatting issues. The other night, I was working on a school project on my desktop (running Windows 10), and everything seemed fine. The next day, I turn on my PC, login, and click on the Desktop when my...
  10. Cursor Drift

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Drift: Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10? I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift upwards. Have tried many online so called "Cures" but so far nothing has worked. It's at it's worst when I am playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically fix curser drift on my sony laptop

2. win 10 cursor drifting