Windows 10: Drifting cursor

Discus and support Drifting cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by max22, Nov 11, 2015.

1. max22 Win User

Drifting cursor

Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a mind of his own, it tends to move in any direction at random and if I am in Explorer, at times, it transfers files from one location to another;

This problem seemed to happen a few week after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10; Everything else appears to work very satisfactorily;

Any suggestion would be appreciated;

:)

max22, Nov 11, 2015

2. Cursor

My cursor is drifting. How can I fix it?

TomMcCarthy1951, Nov 11, 2015
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Anthony's response is not helpful. The solution he pointed to does not work and I would advise everyone to run the other way from his so-called solution.

HighlyFrustrated25, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Drifting cursor

1. Drifting cursor - Similar Threads - Drifting cursor

2. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.: I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue, I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares on it. After about one-two years of uni, the laptop started to act up occasionally. The symptoms are: 1. Unresponsive...
  3. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?: So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either....
  4. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor: Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro and its integrated magnifier. It used to track the mouse and keyboard cursor very well yet a few weeks ago it stopped tracking the keyboard cursor in some applications specifically Google Chrome while it continues tracking the keyboard cursor...
  5. how do I control the size of my cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I control the size of my cursor.: how do I control the size of my cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-control-the-size-of-my-cursor/35caa0f2-b4df-4b7c-9f90-fa1b23178410
  6. Black screen with cursor upon login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with cursor upon login: Windows 10 I seem to have a proplem with the OS that happend after I turned my cpu on and off yesterday that once i have logged in the desktop is a black screen with only the cursor visible and able to move no startbar or apps only the task manger boots up after 20/30 minutes...
  7. Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Mice Resulting in Continuous Right Drift on Windows 10: Hi Everyone, This is my first time posting, so I'm sorry for any formatting issues. The other night, I was working on a school project on my desktop (running Windows 10), and everything seemed fine. The next day, I turn on my PC, login, and click on the Desktop when my...
  8. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.: Trying to help out a friend fix her gamepad. She's had bad luck with her past 2 new Xbox 360 controllers, both are drifting to the left. Not just an annoying slight-aiming movement, you actually slowly move to the left. I suppose it's possible to have to defective ones in a...
  9. how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad: how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/window-10/5dd8a0dc-9ca9-408c-9861-a555adec93e7
  10. Cursor Drift

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Drift: Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10? I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift upwards. Have tried many online so called "Cures" but so far nothing has worked. It's at it's worst when I am playing...