Windows 10: DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED

Discus and support DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1TB external HD. After placing Media Creation tool on it the disk reduced to 32GB. I used Dispart to clean the volume. However that external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by graham sweeper, Feb 18, 2021.

1. DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED

I have a 1TB external HD. After placing Media Creation tool on it the disk reduced to 32GB. I used Dispart to clean the volume. However that external drive has completely disappeared. Have used Device Manager to scan for hardware changes to no avail. Have removed the USB cord to the device and reattached but the PC will not recognise the device no drive letter is given to the drive. I have rerun diskpart for 'list volume' however the drive will not show up.

:)

graham sweeper, Feb 18, 2021

2. Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next step of creating a volume, I right click on disk 1 and there is no option available to create a new simple volume. There are other volume options (mirror, raid, etc) but they are all greyed out. Simple is not even listed as an option. I went to DISKPART and using clean command, took it back to the start, then initialized it as a GBT. That didn't make a difference. Now I'm back to MBR again. I also did a List Volume command under DISKPART and confirmed there is no volume on this drive. I'm stuck. How can I get this drive to the point where I can format it and use it?
    Thanks!

Witch Hazel, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 18, 2021
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED

What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED

1. DRIVE AND VOLUME DISAPPEARED AFTER DISPART USED - Similar Threads - DRIVE VOLUME DISAPPEARED

2. VOLUME ICON DISAPPEARS

in Windows 10 Customization
    VOLUME ICON DISAPPEARS: ...AND IF SETTINGS BELOW DOESN'T RETURN WINDOWS VOLUME ICON TO THE TASKBAR??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-disappears/b494912c-303a-4a6f-8550-7dce6130df84
  3. VOLUME ICON DISAPPEARS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOLUME ICON DISAPPEARS: ...AND IF SETTINGS BELOW DOESN'T RETURN WINDOWS VOLUME ICON TO THE TASKBAR??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-disappears/b494912c-303a-4a6f-8550-7dce6130df84
  4. VOLUME ICON DISAPPEARS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.: So i was playing a game, then suddenly the game crashed, and my d drive is missing. i've went to the disk management and rescan the disks but it still didnt work. but sometimes when i turn off my computer and turning it back on not restart, it reappeared. and when i try to...
  6. My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.: So i was playing a game, then suddenly the game crashed, and my d drive is missing. i've went to the disk management and rescan the disks but it still didnt work. but sometimes when i turn off my computer and turning it back on not restart, it reappeared. and when i try to...
  7. Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker: I am having intermittent issues with my laptop - ever since I purchased it - an envy 13-ba0010na. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-low-volume-and-no-volume-after-using-external/a406e44f-19a6-4c27-b54a-aaa785bcd8f2
  8. Drives keep disappearing after download

Drives keep disappearing after download: My laptop has a ~100GB SSD C:\ drive and a ~1TB HDD partitioned into D:\, E:\, F:\ each having ~300TB. Everything was working normally until recently where anytime I download anything big say, a few GB onto D/E/F drive, suddenly Windows no longer recognizes the drive, not...
  9. Volume assigned drive letter keeps disappearing

Volume assigned drive letter keeps disappearing: For about a month now I've had an issue with a drive letter for a logical volume disappearing and I cant' find out why. The volume is on a RAID array, and the other volumes on the array are not affected. I've written a script to check for the volume being mounted, and to...
  10. Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space

Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space: I migrated my SSD and two WD Blue 2TB hard drives to a new build. The two drives were originally a mirrored array. I wiped them in anticipation of the move to the new machine (old case had 9 3.5 drive bays, new case had 2). I converted the drives to basic disks and cloned my...