Windows 10: Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying

Discus and support Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was copying files from my windows 10 computer to my 32gb usb drive, halfway down the process the copying paused and a popup message appears saying,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WanPeninsula, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying

I was copying files from my windows 10 computer to my 32gb usb drive, halfway down the process the copying paused and a popup message appears saying, Drive unformatted, format now. I took out the usb disk and red inserted it hoping it fixes it but no, instead shows the message to format drive before I can use it. I have important files close to the full drive that I cant afford to lose. Is there anyway I can recover these files before formatting or better still get windows to fix and read the drive? Thank you.

:)

WanPeninsula, Jul 17, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 17, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying

1. Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying - Similar Threads - Drive automatically shows

2. copy files to one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy files to one drive: unlike photos and documents,the videos files are not copy automaticaly in one drive. so ,how to do it manually? it was easy with window 10. thanks. i have window 11 pro version 22 h2 os build 22623.891...
  3. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  4. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  5. Files getting automatically copied to System32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files getting automatically copied to System32: Hi.... weird behavior.... certain files and folders are automatically being copied to the System32 directory. These are not system files but different files to do with my work....docx files, graphics files and others. The weird thing is....I delete these files from the...
  6. Unformat Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unformat Storage Space: I have accidentaly formatted my RAID-5 Microsoft Storage Space. The RAID-5 is based on 3 USB 3.0 disk with 4Tb capacity each. Is it possible to recover my file using any specific tool? I have tried some commercial tools with no luck. The setup is unique, I wonder if anyone...
  7. unformat CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unformat CD: I accidently formatted my CD and I need to recover original files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unformat-cd/cb385b2f-518c-4064-a523-1ba1c6ae3240
  8. How do you unformat a drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you unformat a drive?: Hi! I used a hard drive for my ps4 for games but I don't play it anymore o I wanted to put movies in it too watch downstairs but for some reason it doesn't show in the devices & drives part? when I plug it in? instead it shows my email submitted by /u/Jkanjm [link]...
  9. How do I unformat a hard drive?

How do I unformat a hard drive?: My PC has two operating systems on a C and E drive. I formatted my E drive by mistake when I was trying to format a flash drive. A friend told me there's a way to unformat it. How do I do it? Both drives have Windows 10 Pro....
  10. how do I unformat a remote drive?

how do I unformat a remote drive?: Accidentally formatted a remote drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unformat-a-remote-drive/f1ea05c5-6ba1-4292-8420-181c9efd0917