Windows 10: Drive Bay Card Reader that doesn't suck?

Discus and support Drive Bay Card Reader that doesn't suck? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This Orico memory card reader doesn't work for CF cards any more. Orico ignored my support emails, so I need to replace it.*Mad I thought it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Feb 7, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Drive Bay Card Reader that doesn't suck?

This Orico memory card reader doesn't work for CF cards any more. Orico ignored my support emails, so I need to replace it.*Mad

I thought it would be simple to locate an internal card reader that doesn't suck. *sarc But just about all the card readers I found on Amazon, Newegg, and B&H Photo have serious issues, according to the reviewers.

Can someone recommend a card reader that:

• Connects to the motherboard via internal USB 3
    • CF and SD card readers
    • micro SD nice to have
    • Held up well in use
    • 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" format OK
    • black finish
    • customer support that actually responded (if you had a support issue)

I don't need additional USB or eSATA front ports, a headphone jacks, SSD drive mounts, or any other doodads. *Rolleyes

I want to buy something just once and use it for a long time.

Thanks.

:)

x509, Feb 7, 2019

2. USB card reader - controller errors

If a system reports six drives, then the particular USB mass storage device (which is fully described by OP as "a USB card reader") does report that it can have six independent removable volumes, all at once. Solution to the problem is not to use the "a USB Card reader" that reports that goofy thing.

ADDITION: As per clarification from OP, the "a USB card reader" appears to be some design by a freshman in USB. It looks like a USB compound device (USB hub with embedded controllers) with five media card interfaces/slots, plus a e-SATA port, total six mass-storage devices (MS Slot, CF Slot, SD Slot,Extreme Slot, Micro SD Slot, and M2 Port). Apparently the device declares all six devices as active LUNs, so the system reports them as such, even if no media is inserted. What else is done wrongly in this device would require lengthy investigation for conformance to USB class specifications, so the Windows log will continue to report errors, unless the device is replaced with a corrected one. I would suggest to contact Thermaltake with all your compaints, maybe they have some "filter driver" that swaps the errors under a rug. The Thermaltake idea is right about a big 3.5" bay reader, but the implementation apparently sucks.

Ale..chenski, Feb 7, 2019
  3. SD card reader problem after updating to Windows 10

After installing windows 10 my card reader will not oper but it does make noise like it is going to open but it doesn`t open it

sweetpee56, Feb 7, 2019
  4. x509 Win User

New USB flash card reader not working--how to troubleshoot Creators

So I recently got an Orico drive bay combination flash card reader and USB port. The USB port works but the CF format card reader does not. I can't even tell from Device Manager if the CF or any of the other format card readers are even detected.

any suggestions for better use of Device Manager or other tools?

Win 10 64 Pro

x509, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Drive Bay Card Reader that doesn't suck? - Similar Threads - Drive Bay Card

2. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  3. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  4. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically: Hi,My windows 10 doesn't detect automatically the sd card. I keep the sd card inserted, then install the sd card driver and ir detects and works without problems. When I remove the sd card and insert it again it doesn't read nor is detected by disk management.So, whenever I...
  6. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically: Hi,My windows 10 doesn't detect automatically the sd card. I keep the sd card inserted, then install the sd card driver and ir detects and works without problems. When I remove the sd card and insert it again it doesn't read nor is detected by disk management.So, whenever I...
  7. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

8. SD Card reader suddenly doesn't work.

SD Card reader suddenly doesn't work.: SD Card reader suddenly doesn't work. Keeps telling me to format. all cards work fine on other computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-suddenly-doesnt-work/834125eb-b213-4150-a33d-e40c15ef2cff
  9. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop

Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I'm now seeing the 4 card reader drives built into my computer appearing on some of the different desktop folders. They don't appear on C:\Users\username\Desktop, nor do they show up on the physical desktop screen itself, which also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bghn.poijhuhyvgfctd.cf