Windows 10: Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big...

Discus and support Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I JUST NOW regained access to my main drive, after numerous months of hard work, since last Nov., of 2017! I need to clean up some clutter, do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarahBryant-Bartlett, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big...

Hi! I JUST NOW

regained access to my main drive, after numerous months of hard work, since last Nov., of 2017! I need to clean up some clutter, do away with old network drives, and move on to admin. tools, which I'm not quite sure what to do 1st. The other issue I'm having, is network issues . I also am being prompted to use a proxy server, (I don't know what that is ), and a VPN. Optimize drive C, anything else I am leaving out on my to do list that is pertinent to moving forward? My 1st laptop b.t.w., ( plz. be easy on me),

Thanks, Sarah Elizabeth

:)

SarahBryant-Bartlett, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CDrive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big... :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    c drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Is Windows 8 partition installed on the C drive?
    • Are any hardware or software changes made to the PC prior to this issue? Have you refreshed or Reset the PC?
    • Are you on a dual boot environment?
    • If you have another account on this PC, are you able to access the C drive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Give permissions to the C drive and check.

a. Right click on C: drive and select Properties.

b. Go to the Security tab.

c. Click on Advanced and in
    Permissions tab, click on Add.

d. Click on Select a principal
    and type Everyone in the box and press Enter.

e. Click on Full control and then press on OK.

f. Then in the C: drive properties, click on
    Edit

g. Click on Add and then type
    Everyone and click on Full Control.

h. Press okay and close the C drive properties window.

Check if you are able to access C drive.

You may also refer to
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/2514966c-c4f5-4619-a422-4ebeda5fcb36

Also, refer to this article: "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders”
    in this link, this would help you to take ownership of the drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Alex_N_99 Win User

Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big...

BSOD - drive C changed to drive X

After the restart following the 11/18/2017 Win10 64bit Pro update, I have the BSOD with stop code 0xc000021a. I am able to access the command prompt....Troubleshooting revealed that what was drive C is now drive X. At the command line, I can access a drive
    C is but it is empty. A directory listing of drive X appears to show everything that should be on drive C. I suspect the update possibly failed at some point causing this problem. How can I fix it?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Alex_N_99, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big...

1. Drive C, full. network issues, just now regained access to drive C since 11-2017!!!! Big... - Similar Threads - Drive full network

2. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  3. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  4. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  5. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  6. c drive full issue

c drive full issue: i purchased my dell laptop in january 2021 , from then my c drive getting full automatically . i am not installing any software or video . i do not have any file in my laptop even then it is showing full.i used treesize softeware to check file in my drive there also no file...
  7. C drive full.

C drive full.: I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I can't see my specific question answered. My 250gb SSD C drive is nearly full. I cloned it to a 1TD SSD but it created a partition on the new drive of the same size as my current drive so didn't help at all. I couldn't...
  8. C- Drive full

C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  9. the C drive is full

the C drive is full: i'm still having a full C drive full how do a clean it the right way I tried every thing and nothing happens so I don't know what to do can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-c-drive-is-full/d13c1f4b-9169-4cc4-bdbf-1c848864735a"
  10. C:\ Drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\ Drive full: How to clean up c:\ drive when it shows full.? I have deleted a whole bunch of files on that drive.. emptied recycle bin etc...restarted the computer....still it is showing c:\ drive full....