Windows 10: Drive C has errors

Discus and support Drive C has errors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Windows showed me a notification which said...... Scan drive for errors, after that I right clicked on drive C and selected properties, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by surendrabedsa, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Drive C has errors

Hello

Windows showed me a notification which said...... Scan drive for errors, after that I right clicked on drive C and selected properties, then it showed me this message which said .... acrotray.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000102 Click OK to close the application. After clicking on OK, I did get that menu which shows up after right clicking on drive C, then I selected properties, then Tools tab, under error checking I clicked on check and after checking I saw this message which said... Error Checking local disk.....Repair this drive.... Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialogue box and then repair the drive.

Help me with this issue

:)

surendrabedsa, Feb 7, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Drive C has errors

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Drive C has errors

1. Drive C has errors - Similar Threads - Drive has errors

2. C drive has errors even after fixing and rebooting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive has errors even after fixing and rebooting.: Just like the title says, for the past couple of days every time I restart my computer it checks and repairs drive C:, I tried fixing it through the file explorer and through CMD but it keeps saying there is an error. what can I do...
  3. C drive has errors even after fixing and rebooting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive has errors even after fixing and rebooting.: Just like the title says, for the past couple of days every time I restart my computer it checks and repairs drive C:, I tried fixing it through the file explorer and through CMD but it keeps saying there is an error. what can I do...
  4. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive has been moved: My C: drive is now showing as an external drive of the computer. When creating a backup file on Quicken I inadvertently typed a SMALL c: and now it is not recognized as my computer DEVICE. How do I restore it?...
  5. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive has been moved: My C: drive is now showing as an external drive of the computer. When creating a backup file on Quicken I inadvertently typed a SMALL c: and now it is not recognized as my computer DEVICE. How do I restore it?...
  6. C: drive has been moved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. C Drive suddenly has no space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive suddenly has no space: So here's some backstory: Around a week ago, I checked the amount of space my C drive (windows) had, and it had around 46 GB. Also, during this time, the number of GB it had was constantly changing, even if I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all. But the changes...
  8. Windows C: drive has no space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows C: drive has no space?: So, my C: drive has 117 GB of space. Problem is, even when I uninstall nearly everything from it, especially the most intensive, space-consuming applications, the most I can get is like 20 GB free out of 117, meaning something to the effect of 97 GB arestill taken up. But...
  9. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing: I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)' and 'Users' and my D drive has nothing at all. My main problem is that i cant easily just download and install programs onto...
  10. D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive

D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive: I bought a laptop for gaming that is supposed to have a Terabyte HDD a few months back. I trusted that it was actually what it said since the reviews were good. I decided to see how much disk space I have left and when I checked... the D Drive was the terabyte and my C Drive...