Windows 10: drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything.

Discus and support drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This happened to me at the beginning of February. They almost got away with it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SMUD1965, Feb 14, 2019.

1. SMUD1965 Win User

drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything.

This happened to me at the beginning of February. They almost got away with it

:)

SMUD1965, Feb 14, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (Cdrive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 14, 2019
  4. drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything.

Updates eating c drive space in Windows 10

Frequent updates suggestion keep coming from Windows as well as from HP. As I keep all the applications updated I have observed my c drive space has become less and it has slowed down my laptop.

After the installation of new updates my c drive space is shrinking incessantly .

Could you please suggest what can be done so that machine doesn't become slow and c drive has enough space.

YaminiDhapola, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything.

1. drive c no space to update windows. What do I do? I have taken off almost everything. - Similar Threads - drive space update

2. How do I expand the space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I expand the space on my C drive?: I am trying to expand space on my C Drive, but in management the extend volume prompt is not available and is grayed out. I have a lot of unallocated space, but it won’t let me extend the volume on the C drive....
  3. Two Windows Folders in C Drive; What do I do?

in Windows 10 News
    Two Windows Folders in C Drive; What do I do?: [IMG]The Windows folder contains the Windows operating system and is a crucial folder in Windows computers. By default, Windows is installed on the C drive. Hence, C is the default directory of the Windows folder. Every Windows computer has one Windows folder. However, some...
  4. no matter what i do i can not turn off IT defender, i have tried everything. what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no matter what i do i can not turn off IT defender, i have tried everything. what do i do?: I tried advanced app settings but my IT defender has blocked me from choosing where to get apps. I have also tried just turning it off but it automatically turns back on. when i try to download the app i want it gives me an option to go to IT settings but i cant access that...
  5. no matter what i do i can not turn off IT defender, i have tried everything. what do i do?

no matter what i do i can not turn off IT defender, i have tried everything. what do i do?: I tried advanced app settings but my IT defender has blocked me from choosing where to get apps. I have also tried just turning it off but it automatically turns back on. when i try to download the app i want it gives me an option to go to IT settings but i cant access that...
  6. What to do when C drive is almost full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when C drive is almost full?: My Windows C: drive is almost full while another Data D: still have a lot of space. Even though I have already set the default download paths as Data D: long time ago, the available space in Windows C: drive still decrease over time and now is almost left with only 9% free...
  7. What to do when C drive is almost full?

What to do when C drive is almost full?: My Windows C: drive is almost full while another Data D: still have a lot of space. Even though I have already set the default download paths as Data D: long time ago, the available space in Windows C: drive still decrease over time and now is almost left with only 9% free...
  8. Drive C does not have enough space for my pictures. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C does not have enough space for my pictures. What do I do?: In Windows 11, pictures are in drive C. Why? There isn't enough room there for all of my photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-does-not-have-enough-space-for-my-pictures/6218778b-c879-48b3-b024-dad70cbaefe6
  9. Drive C does not have enough space for my pictures. What do I do?

Drive C does not have enough space for my pictures. What do I do?: In Windows 11, pictures are in drive C. Why? There isn't enough room there for all of my photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-does-not-have-enough-space-for-my-pictures/6218778b-c879-48b3-b024-dad70cbaefe6
  10. C Drive is almost full and I have tried everything. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive is almost full and I have tried everything. Please help.: My C Drive is almost full, I was trying to free up space for COD Warzone but apparently was 3 GB short after trying everything, I went through so many reddit threads and forums and I did all I could. But since I couldn’t quite seems to free up those last few GB I decided it...