Windows 10: Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

Discus and support Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Der_, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Der_ Win User

Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month. Back in July my HDD kinda got corrupted long story short, a game called Genshin Impact made the system to blue screen and the HDD refuses to show up in file explorer, but later in the morning it showed up but made somewhat like a clicking noise when I opened Genshin Impact again so I changed my HDD to an SSD, so I have a dual SSD setup and right after I changed my HDD to SSD, this Drive C: error thing didn't appeared at all when I checked it

:)

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

1. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now. - Similar Threads - Drive found errors

2. We have found errors on this drive. To prevent data losee, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have found errors on this drive. To prevent data losee, repair this drive now.: Hello how can i fix this problem. My ssd working well but got this issue.HD tune results : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-have-found-errors-on-this-drive-to-prevent-data/db13640f-e7b4-406c-9193-6e2a17043581
  3. We have found errors on this drive. To prevent data losee, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We have found errors on this drive. To prevent data losee, repair this drive now.: Hello how can i fix this problem. My ssd working well but got this issue.HD tune results : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-have-found-errors-on-this-drive-to-prevent-data/db13640f-e7b4-406c-9193-6e2a17043581
  4. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repair C Drive: hello so i have a question.How to fix C Drive?i already use C:>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Error Found>Fixbut when i restart, when i check again the error is still there, i hope someone can help :<...
  5. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.: Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month. Back in July my HDD kinda got corrupted long story short, a game called Genshin Impact made the system to blue screen and...
  6. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.: Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month. Back in July my HDD kinda got corrupted long story short, a game called Genshin Impact made the system to blue screen and...
  7. Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....: Hi.. Currently running on windows 10. The error appeared when i was trying to check/scanning drive C: by going to "this pc" right clicking on drive C "properties" "tools" "check" "scan drive" and then the only option I'm getting is to close. The issue started when i was...
  8. C: drive and DATA drive

C: drive and DATA drive: So I have had my current computer for a little while now, and I just now... I know silly me. Discovered a 1.8TB hard drive and its called DATA and I really would like to shift my current install to that drive, but I do not now how, so I have decided to ask here. I have...
  9. "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.: Hi, Backstory/explanation as to how i got to this point: I bought a larger and better ssd to replace the one i had in my system, once i installed windows on the ssd i realised that one of the drives wasn't being picked up due to being 'dynamic' as such i loaded the old...
  10. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive: This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup). [ATTACH] As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my...