Windows 10: Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces

Discus and support Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Going through Hell with Win10. Installed my dual 2TB drives, formatted them, and tried to create a mirrored Storage Space. System claimed "No drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmw13, Mar 26, 2018.

1. dmw13 Win User

Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces

Going through Hell with Win10. Installed my dual 2TB drives, formatted them, and tried to create a mirrored Storage Space. System claimed "No drives that work with Storage Spaces are available." So I used the mirrored RAID system instead. But every folder I create is read-only and I've not been able to fix the issue.

So I'm back to wanting to try Storage Spaces. Does anyone know the requirements for the disks? Trying to figure out why Windows won't let me use these disks, even though they're identical, both newly formatted (not quick formatted), and were in a RAID array in my old HTPC/server.

Thanks

:)

dmw13, Mar 26, 2018

2. Windows Storage Spaces Drive Offline for "Critical Write Errors"

Hi George, I posted it in technet and a Microsoft rep would ask for a log, I'd provide it, then wait a few days, and then they'd ask for another log, and another. I ended up using EaseUS data recovery software to get the most important stuff out of the
    "array" and switched my setup over to a StableBit DrivePool. At least with that software raid everything is stored in a ntfs formatted drive, so recovery should be easier if ever needed again. Very dissatisfied with Microsoft's support on this!

Matt_C_123, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Windows Storage Spaces Drive Offline for "Critical Write Errors"

Hi Matt,

Your Windows storage concern is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is best suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your question in our
    Microsoft TechNet forums.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 26, 2018
  4. dmw13 Win User

Finally figured out I had already formatted the drives and Storage Spaces requires disks with no partitions. Not sure why in hell Microsoft can't have SS identify the issue instead of just telling us the drives won't work.

dmw13, Mar 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces - Similar Threads - Drive characteristics Storage

2. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  3. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  4. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  6. Storage Space of C Drive

Storage Space of C Drive: I am facing a serious issue, my C Drive is getting full automatically, even after I clean-up temporary files and other unwanted stuffs. Please tell me some points to resolve this issue...
  7. Storage space in Drive C

Storage space in Drive C: How do you increase the storage space in Drive C? I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-in-drive-c/6e415259-4f48-4d7d-a703-2a5df41589fe"
  8. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  9. Drive storage out of space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive storage out of space: On updating Windows 10, drive C is out of space. How i can dissolve this matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-storage-out-of-space/929f282e-daf5-4d64-ad32-205e95480f2a
  10. No drives that work with Storage spaces...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No drives that work with Storage spaces...: I was trying to create using USB drives and despite trying different types of drives I kept getting the error above that no drives that work with storage spaces available... However when I google creating storage spaces it says that usb drives work.... How can this be fixed?...