Windows 10: Drive cleanup, weird warning?

Discus and support Drive cleanup, weird warning? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just did that because I want to sell my laptop. Now this weird warning, what does it mean? Should I abort? [ATTACH] Laufwerk Bereinigen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FAZEROYAL, Jun 9, 2020.

1. FAZEROYAL Win User

Drive cleanup, weird warning?

I just did that because I want to sell my laptop. Now this weird warning, what does it mean? Should I abort?

Drive cleanup, weird warning? 0_big.jpg

:)

FAZEROYAL, Jun 9, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 21, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disc cleanup

Hi Edward,

You should run Disk Cleanup Twice as explained below to safely remove anything that can be removed and check everything in the list, it is quite safe to do that, disk Cleanup will not suggest anything that is not safe to remove . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 21, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Drive cleanup, weird warning? - Similar Threads - Drive cleanup weird

2. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  3. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  4. C drive cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive cleanup: My c drive is almost full after I updated to 20H2. How can I free up the space on c drive? Shall I format it? because disk cleanup is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-cleanup/e87d406d-6fb3-40e9-89b1-8fabe49e9588
  5. Weird Drive icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Drive icon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lunitari71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3ytg9/weird_drive_icon/
  6. weird drive properties

in Windows 10 Support
    weird drive properties: There is a compress option missing on one of my USB drives. None of my drives is compressed. I just can't explain why the option is missing. windows 10 1909 [img] 160320
  7. Weird low battery warning

Weird low battery warning: [ATTACH] Hey guys I don't know if many people are encountering this but I hate it, whenever the normal \"Low battery\" pop up appears, dismissing it makes it pop up as a file explorer window, anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/W720S [link] [comments]...
  8. Weird low battery warning

Weird low battery warning: [ATTACH] Hey guys I don't know if many people are encountering this but I hate it, whenever the normal \"Low battery\" pop up appears, dismissing it makes it pop up as a file explorer window, anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/W720S [link] [comments]...
  9. C: Drive disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C: Drive disk cleanup: I've always had much bigger drives than this computer gives me on C drive.... what do I need to do to clean/clear space? What it shows in the picture is apparently the default setting. Should I change it? BTW, my D drive is a terabyte. [img] [img] 154387
  10. Weird Drive Showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Drive Showing: So I have this weird drive showing up that seems to be inaccessible, any idea what it may be? I'm not sure if it's an installer or not [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-drive-showing/acd1d74b-5376-4ac4-9ffe-072b6c7274e3