Windows 10: Drive created using subst - write permission problem

Discus and support Drive created using subst - write permission problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drFell, Aug 4, 2016.

1. drFell Win User

Drive created using subst - write permission problem

Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos collection on that drive and I use it with Adobe Lightroom. Everything worked fine with 8.1, but after upgrade to Windows 10 Lightroom can't write to that drive. For example it can write to C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive\00_Lightroom_Photos but it can't to Q:\00_Lightroom_Photos. Windows file explorer can write to both. Any ideas ?

:)

drFell, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Chaver_48 Win User

HTML files on hard drive

Similar problem with PDF files. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is supposed to allow PDF files to be opened and viewed and it does unless you create the file on a Subst drive - MSE does not seem to recognise virtual drives created using the Subst command! Thank goodness
    for Adobe Reader.

Chaver_48, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

• “sfc /scannow” didn't make any difference (no integrity problems found.
    • run command (w' admin privileges) subst [drive] ["some folder poath"] succeeds.
    • run command subst shows the correct subst.
    • For example If I open file browse dialog from msdev 2013 I can see subst drive (not from every app)
    • Subst drive still remains invisible from explorer.exe.

DanielChervin, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Drive created using subst - write permission problem

1. Drive created using subst - write permission problem - Similar Threads - Drive created using

2. Problem writing using Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem writing using Paint 3D: When I try to write on an image in Paint, the text gets cut off at the edge of the image, even though there is still plenty of space. This is happening with all images, regardless of size or format. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's making it impossible for me to...
  3. Problem writing using Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem writing using Paint 3D: When I try to write on an image in Paint, the text gets cut off at the edge of the image, even though there is still plenty of space. This is happening with all images, regardless of size or format. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's making it impossible for me to...
  4. One Drive permission problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive permission problem: I am sure that this has come up before: I use One Drive as a backup, but I keep getting an error message which tells me that there is "No access permission to the item" and that I should "Ensure you have the right permission" completely unhelp without telling you how to do...
  5. read and write permission problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  6. NAS drive permissions problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NAS drive permissions problem: So I have a Seagate Central NAS connected to my network which I can access from my laptop. I also have an external drive plugged into the back of it for extra storage. When I open up the network drive on my laptop it comes up 2 folders, "Public" is the main folder for the...
  7. Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update writing to drives I did Not give Microsoft permission to write to!!!: I just noticed something Really Odd. I have a folder on my D drive called " Windows10Upgrade" It has a file called "18363.418.191007-0143.19h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd_" When I look this up it seems that this is some leftover file from an...
  8. Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs can't write to Documents folder - Permissions problem?: I can't put my finger on what triggered this, but I get an error message whenever a recently installed program tries to write to my Documents folder or Desktop folder (built-in Windows programs and other programs that I installed many months ago do not have this problem)....
  9. Subst Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Subst Problem: I use several subst drives, like X: for D:\work, for instance. I have several scripts which refer to X: But today, there was a power outage in my apt (due to work being done) and when the computer came back up, for X: now I get "The volume does not contain a recognized file...
  10. Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.: Hello, I just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and am running into some problems that never occurred to me before. My previous version of Windows 10 failed because of some system restore custom app that I downloaded so I had to reinstall. Anyway, I make a clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot see virtual drive created by Subst command