Windows 10: Drive D dissapeared?

Discus and support Drive D dissapeared? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Drive D has dissapeared from the this pc section it went to quick access and it's unopenable and some stuff won't open help please? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/saladyboi, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Drive D dissapeared?

Drive D has dissapeared from the this pc section it went to quick access and it's unopenable and some stuff won't open help please?

submitted by /u/saladyboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/saladyboi, Nov 1, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Drive D dissapeared?

Not enough space on Recovery (DDrive D dissapeared? :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DDrive D dissapeared? :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Drive D dissapeared?

1. Drive D dissapeared? - Similar Threads - Drive dissapeared

2. Flash Drive Dissapears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive Dissapears: Hello, I am having a lot of trouble finding my flash drive after I try to flash tails onto it using Balena Etcher. Initially I am able to find it under This PC>E: but as soon as I finish the flash it disappears and isn't accessible anymore. The flash always fails as well...
  3. Flash Drive Dissapears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive Dissapears: Hello, I am having a lot of trouble finding my flash drive after I try to flash tails onto it using Balena Etcher. Initially I am able to find it under This PC>E: but as soon as I finish the flash it disappears and isn't accessible anymore. The flash always fails as well...
  4. Flash Drive Dissapears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Drives dissapeared after Onedrive deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives dissapeared after Onedrive deployment: We have recently deployed both Microsoft InTune and with InTune policies have enforced synching with Sharepoint libraries. We are not sure if that is why, but many of the PC's are now not showing c drive, or other sharer drives under "This PC". They can still be accessed by...
  6. Drives dissapeared after Onedrive deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives dissapeared after Onedrive deployment: We have recently deployed both Microsoft InTune and with InTune policies have enforced synching with Sharepoint libraries. We are not sure if that is why, but many of the PC's are now not showing c drive, or other sharer drives under "This PC". They can still be accessed by...
  7. D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears: Windows seems to want to try and resolve the problem but just got stuck on an infinite loop--It restarts. Tries to solve the issue then stops the scan midway and opens windows like normal-- Then prompts me to do it all over again. Without really doing much the drive just...
  8. My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart

My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart: Hi, I have a problem where my D: drive is randomly dissapearing and only coming back after a restart.This started happening somewhere in January but I thought it wasn't anything serious.But now instead of it happening once a month it happens on a daily basis.I tried...
  9. After bsod my c drive dissapeared in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After bsod my c drive dissapeared in command prompt: Hello. 1. I installed wmvare, i think i added bad cpu setup or something, restarted pc 2. Pc gave error bad configuration BSOD 3. I entered in advanced recovery option then at command prompt i wrote A. Bootrec /fixmbr B. Bootrec /fixboot C . Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup But...
  10. My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer

My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer: Last night my computer started being really laggy so I restarted it when I back on I tried to turn on the game again and then my whole computer blue screened when I came back half the files on my desktop were corrupted when I checked Computer it said that theres only a C...