Windows 10: Drive D: hidden files

Discus and support Drive D: hidden files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andreas127, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Drive D: hidden files

I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there

:)

Andreas127, Nov 2, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Drive D: hidden files

How to recover D drive?

I followed steps in this link D: drive full, but no files found. to
    try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive back. What should I do?

Franc.esca, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Drive D: hidden files

1. Drive D: hidden files - Similar Threads - Drive hidden files

2. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  3. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  4. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  5. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  6. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  7. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows files on D drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows files on D drive: Hello, As the title says I have some random windows files on the D drive that I don't know if I should delete or move (if so where to?). It happened one day when my C drive was out of space and widnows decided to put the update on D. I tried looking for answers but nothing....
  9. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?: i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH] 173930
  10. "DummyDir" File In D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "DummyDir" File In D: Drive: Hello Microsoft Community, I am using a Dell Inspiron 5570 and I have a D drive that has free space and I would like to put some files on it, however I noticed a folder named "DummyDir" and I was wondering if it is OK to delete that folder, so I can put my files on my D...