Windows 10: Drive D is full

Discus and support Drive D is full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAnnT70, Mar 17, 2019.

1. LAnnT70 Win User

Drive D is full

How do I create more space in Drive D

:)

LAnnT70, Mar 17, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Drive D is full

Not enough space on Recovery (DDrive D is full :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DDrive D is full :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Drive D is full

1. Drive D is full - Similar Threads - Drive full

2. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  3. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  4. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  5. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  6. WINDOWS 11, Does anybody know how to fix my C drive being full for no reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11, Does anybody know how to fix my C drive being full for no reason?: C drive full by installed appsMy C drive says it's full from my installed apps but when I try and see what is taking up 140GB there's nothing, everything there adds up to around 20GB but I can not seem to figure out what is taking up the storage.What I have triedI have tried...
  7. WINDOWS 11, Does anybody know how to fix my C drive being full for no reason?

WINDOWS 11, Does anybody know how to fix my C drive being full for no reason?: C drive full by installed appsMy C drive says it's full from my installed apps but when I try and see what is taking up 140GB there's nothing, everything there adds up to around 20GB but I can not seem to figure out what is taking up the storage.What I have triedI have tried...
  8. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  9. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  10. I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...

I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...: How can I move files from my pc internal SDD to my internal HDD. The SDD is nearly full and. I need to free up space. Info that I have found online always assumes that I want to transfer to an external drive. I have a HP desktop running windows 11....