Windows 10: Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

Discus and support Drive d is not showing in my file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pallavi kk, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management There was written that.. "connecting to virtual service" I could not able to find what the problem is??!!! Please help me! To find the actual problem and its solution!!!

:)

Pallavi kk, Mar 10, 2022

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 10, 2022
  3. 2nd Drive Files not Showing in Quick search

Hi all,

Background: I'm running Windows 10, anniversary update; with two physical drives, each also shown as a logical volume (C and D).

Issue: When searching from the Start menu, files on my C drive show up, however the ones on D do not.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• Verify that the 2nd Drive (D) has indexing enabled
    • Verify that the folders on the drive also have indexing enabled
    • Rebuild index
    • The files DO appear when searching the 2nd drive via Windows Explorer, but NOT through the start search
    Is this a known issue, and what steps can I take to resolve this?

Teknophile, Mar 10, 2022
  4. Doug575 Win User

Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

Windows Explorer Issue-Duplicate D:\ after relocating files

Thank you both for the assistance! For Keith: I created 2 new folders on the D:\ drive as you instructed: Documents and Videos, then I moved the associated files/folders as you instructed into the new folders. I've attached a screenshot of what the directory in Explorer now looks like (note the duplicate D:\ drives under 'This PC'.
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer [​IMG]

For the next step, I want to be sure that I make the correct changes in the registry (and I certainly don't want to make anything worse!). When I open the registry as you instructed, I see under Personal the current Value is D:\. Under My Video it is C:\Users\'my user initials'\Video. Are you suggesting that I rename Personal to D:\Documents, then change the value to the new 'string' that you suggested and rename My Video to D:\Videos, also inserting the new 'string' that you suggested?

Again, many, many thanks for your assistance!

Doug575, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

1. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer - Similar Threads - Drive showing file

2. My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer: I downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I noticed my D: drive was missing. It says it is allocated, but it is not a drive and it will not let me add a volume it is all greyed out. This is very frustrating as I have tried everything....
  3. My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer: I downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I noticed my D: drive was missing. It says it is allocated, but it is not a drive and it will not let me add a volume it is all greyed out. This is very frustrating as I have tried everything....
  4. My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark.: Hello, i need help. File explorer shows me the D:/ drive with a blue question mark. Problem is, i have not D: in my computer. After i try to open it, it shows ,,Location not available". Do someone know how to fix this?Thnak you....
  6. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  7. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  8. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  9. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.: I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version...
  10. Showing two D drives in Explorer

Showing two D drives in Explorer: Have a brand new HP Win 10 Home, 64 bit. Has a SSD C drive, and a E Recovery drive. And a HDD called Data (D:). In the left hand of Explorer it shows This PC D:\ Desktop Documents Music Pictures Videos Windows (C:) DATA (D:) RECOVERY (E:) I've never had 2 hdd before this...