Windows 10: Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Discus and support Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrei Albu, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I tried to do some troubleshooting but nothing worked. Could you give me some help, please?

:)

Andrei Albu, Jul 17, 2021
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jul 17, 2021
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

When you went to Disk Management did you have a floppy disk in the drive?

Also does it show when you click This PC in File Explorer?

Normally a floppy disk is drive A or B

lacrumb, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

"When you went to Disk Management did you have a floppy disk in the drive?"

Yes.

"Also does it show when you click This PC in File Explorer?"

No.

marcerickson, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

1. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management - Similar Threads - Drive showing explorer

2. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  3. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  4. C: and D: drive/Disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drive/Disk management: Hi, I am having problems with my C: and D: drives. I know little about computers, and I've been trying to solve this on my own for 2 days now. I want to merge C: drive 222 GB using D: drive 1.81 TB, but the problem is that C: is on Disk 1 while D: is on Disk 0. I don't think...
  5. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  6. Internal harddisk drive D missing. Neither showing in Disk Management nor in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal harddisk drive D missing. Neither showing in Disk Management nor in Device Manager.: From last two days I have been trying to recover my internal 1TB HDD. I reset my system Acer Nitro -5 2 times, after that it appeared so I renamed it as K but after few mins it again disappeared. I don't know what to do. I searched the internet for the same and everywhere I...
  7. Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer

Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer: My new 1TB Seagate portable hard drive is no longer showing up in Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management. But I very clearly see it recognized in Device Manager and I also see the button to eject it in the lower right of my screen. What should I do to fix it?...
  8. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management: The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller was turned on in the BIOS. I tried to install the floppy drive manually in Add Hardware, but there isn't a listing for it....
  9. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management: [ATTACH] after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again. now D drive does not show up. I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management i...
  10. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...