Windows 10: Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

Discus and support Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrei Albu, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows up in the disk management as Disk 0, unknown, not initialized. I tried to do some troubleshooting but nothing worked. Could you please help me?

:)

Andrei Albu, Jul 17, 2021
  2. abrogard Win User

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end.

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager :)

Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board?

There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an external Seagate on USB.

I put the WD in and I can see it in device manager but nowhere else.

I have a couple of screenshots:

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager [​IMG]

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager [​IMG]

Can anyone help?

abrogard, Jul 17, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager def18ae0-b22f-4fb3-8e68-1079460d6ac6?upload=true.png

after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again.

now D drive does not show up.

I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management

i tried windows memory diagnostic but it did not return any error

mathukumallikashyap, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

1. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager - Similar Threads - Drive showing explorer

2. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  3. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  4. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer: I have a sandisk ultra flash drive that I made the mistake of plugging into a printer so that it could scan files directly on to it. I should have known better as printers always find a way to make your job harder, but, it ended up corrupting the flash drive and now I'm stuck...
  6. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  7. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management: The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller was turned on in the BIOS. I tried to install the floppy drive manually in Add Hardware, but there isn't a listing for it....
  8. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management: [ATTACH] after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again. now D drive does not show up. I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management i...
  9. Showing two D drives in Explorer

Showing two D drives in Explorer: Have a brand new HP Win 10 Home, 64 bit. Has a SSD C drive, and a E Recovery drive. And a HDD called Data (D:). In the left hand of Explorer it shows This PC D:\ Desktop Documents Music Pictures Videos Windows (C:) DATA (D:) RECOVERY (E:) I've never had 2 hdd before this...
  10. Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything works fine apart from this. I have Garmin edge 510 and 200 cycle computers, when plugged into the computer they are seen by windows and show up in device manager under disk drives. (as they should) However they do not...