Windows 10: Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder?

Discus and support Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I wanted to create a new folder on my External HDD under Windows 10 (Latest version) and got the following error message when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 8ung05, Aug 1, 2020.

1. 8ung05 Win User

Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder?

Hi everyone, I wanted to create a new folder on my External HDD under Windows 10 (Latest version) and got the following error message when I tried to create a new folder:

Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder? 0_big.png

I cannot save anything new on it, etc. What can be the reason for this?

TIA

:)

8ung05, Aug 1, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder?

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder?

1. Drive damaged, cannot create a new folder? - Similar Threads - Drive damaged cannot

2. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  4. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  5. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. cannot create new folder

cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  7. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  8. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  9. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...