Windows 10: drive data not being used

Discus and support drive data not being used in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi everyone, I had a problem with my graphics driver and tried everything, but nothing worked. Eventually I decided to do a secure wipe for my SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jortosboxos, Nov 21, 2019.

1. drive data not being used

hi everyone,

I had a problem with my graphics driver and tried everything, but nothing worked. Eventually I decided to do a secure wipe for my SSD, now I have the problem that my second (Ddrive data not being used :) drive has a lot of programs on it but nothing is recognized by windows. I cant open any of these programs and would have to install all of them again, what can I do?? The aforementioned programs are mostly games. Is there maybe a way to tell the launchers that I have the games already?? If not, is there anything else I can do??

submitted by /u/Jortosboxos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jortosboxos, Nov 21, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown drive data not being used :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 21, 2019
  3. badrobot Win User
    Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. drive data not being used :)

badrobot, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Nick Dich Win User

drive data not being used

flash drive data

LOL on this. :'D

Anyway, let us try to scan first if there are any data corruption causing this one to your flash drive. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

Method 1:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If this have not detected any issues, we will proceed with the next steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Nick Dich, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

drive data not being used

1. drive data not being used - Similar Threads - drive data being

2. What is the use of the Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the use of the Data D: drive?: What is the use of the Data D: drive? My Windows C drive is now 9,49 GB free of 119GB and its red and I am worried about this as it keeps on changing to the lowest figure of 7,20 GB and yet my Data D is 340 GB free of 341 GB. Please assist in this regard. Thank you....
  3. What is the use of the Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of the Data D: drive?: What is the use of the Data D: drive? My Windows C drive is now 9,49 GB free of 119GB and its red and I am worried about this as it keeps on changing to the lowest figure of 7,20 GB and yet my Data D is 340 GB free of 341 GB. Please assist in this regard. Thank you....
  4. Is my data being leaked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my data being leaked?: I am running windows 10, and i accidentally clicked on a instagram bot link. After a while my computer acted weird alt + tab not working properly, random desktop popped up. Then when i went to restart it, there was a process called...
  5. Is my data being leaked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my data being leaked?: I am running windows 10, and i accidentally clicked on a instagram bot link. After a while my computer acted weird alt + tab not working properly, random desktop popped up. Then when i went to restart it, there was a process called...
  6. Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive: In the past, I set my windows data to reside on disk D: I just upgraded to a large ssd drive and have migrated the data back to the C: drive. Unfortunately, some directories do not seem to understand the redirection. Specifically, Downloads and My Pictures still end up on the...
  7. Is my data being stolen???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my data being stolen???: Ok, so I recently had a virus that used up a lot of my storage by redownloading itself over and over again. I removed most of the virus manually. Now a lot of that storage is back but I've noticed that very slowly I am gaining storage and I'm wondering if there is something...
  8. Data is being used by "System"

Data is being used by "System": My data is being used mostly by the "System" application under the Data Usage breakdown [ATTACH] I'd like to stop it from using so much my last computer didn't use this much data I've already tried many different things to stop this: I've set my connection to metered I've...
  9. Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive: I have an "old" SSD (250 GB Samsung 840 EVO) available to use as a USB 3 data drive for some not-too volatile data - a Lightroom data catalog that benefits from being fast to read and write. I formatted it and put a 220 GB NTFS partition on it - leaving about 16 GB...
  10. Lots of DATA being used by svchost.exe (netsvcs)

Lots of DATA being used by svchost.exe (netsvcs): Hi, After solving a lot driver issues and lagging issues, I got a stable (at least in terms of speed) Windows 10. However, whenever I connect the PC to Internet, svchost.exe started using almost whole speed. It not just slow down what I wanted to do but also wastes my...