Windows 10: Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10.

Discus and support Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have just cloned my original adata m.2 500Gb drive to a similar 1Tb drive. It is booting up, although I am receiving an opening message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil Poole, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10.

Hi, I have just cloned my original adata m.2 500Gb drive to a similar 1Tb drive.

It is booting up, although I am receiving an opening message saying "no media present".

This will time out quickly, then I land on my desktop,

All info is present in file explorer and disk manager.

The drive has labelled itself as Drive 1.

The secondary drive is Drive 0. this is for personal files, data, etc.

So, could this be that the new drive is NOT MIGRATED? as stated in the properties option for the drive within Disk Management window.

If so, how can I migrate the drive. I have checked my secondary drive and it is migrated.

thanks.

Phil.

:)

Phil Poole, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 21, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10.

1. Drive/Disk not migrated - Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Drive Disk migrated

2. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  3. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  4. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?: my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-migrate-my-c-disk-to-a-larger/a5e3fd3b-02e2-44e3-a614-8537870e2d4e
  5. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?: my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-migrate-my-c-disk-to-a-larger/a5e3fd3b-02e2-44e3-a614-8537870e2d4e
  6. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.: I need to retire my very old hdd. I am hoping that I can transfer my existing installation from drive to drive without a lot of trouble. Is this possible?...
  8. Migrating Window 10 OS to a partition drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Window 10 OS to a partition drive.: Hello there, I was wondering if it's possible to migrate the OS from C drive to D drive without the need to reformat the computer? If can't, is it possible to only move other files and program to other partition but leaving only the OS in the C drive?...
  9. Migrated Windows to an SSD drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrated Windows to an SSD drive: After a lot of hassle as per usual with any Microsoft product, I eventually managed to reinstall Windows 10 using the same Windows serial I got off the old disk. I couldn't clone the old disk as I got the blue screen each time. Anyway, it now says I have an unauthorized...
  10. Failing hard drive and disk migration

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failing hard drive and disk migration: Hi All, I hope you are well. I have a laptop with Windows 10 where I suspect the hard drive is failing - Samsung Momentus 750GB I have noticed that because the system is slow and in Task ManagerI can see hard drive working hard 100% most of the time with pretty low...