Windows 10: Drive dissappeared - all data lost?

Discus and support Drive dissappeared - all data lost? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I’d like to ask for your help. I was moving about 1.5 TB of data from an external drive to an internal drive (secondary, non-system hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AB2018, Jan 2, 2018.

1. AB2018 Win User

Drive dissappeared - all data lost?

Hi all,

I’d like to ask for your help.

I was moving about 1.5 TB of data from an external drive to an internal drive (secondary, non-system hard drive), left the PC for a few hours and when I came back the moving process was paused at 0 kB/s speed and the internal drive, I was moving the files to, suddenly dissappeared. I restarted the PC a few times hoping it would come back ok but with no avail. In Disk Management the secondary drive shows as Unknown and Not Initialized and the data on it shows as unallocated. Does this mean all the moved files are irreversibly lost?

Thank you.

:)

AB2018, Jan 2, 2018

2. ALL FILES AND DATA DISSAPPEARED

I had a problem with my mouse pad. The mouse wasn't showing up when I tried to click or move something. So, I shut down the computer by pressing the shutdown button normally and I pressed it again for it to start. Then it was on the lock screen and unusually
    it said preparing windows. Then I waited for it to be prepared and I typed my laptop password it came on and when I see everything disappeared. My songs, Photos, Downloads, Resources, Laptop background etc. How do I recover everything

PS: I have windows 10

SheikhHassan701, Jan 2, 2018
  3. ALL FILES AND DATA DISSAPPEARED

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might have occurred due to some corruptions in User profile.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jan 2, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Is it possible to include a pic of what you are seeing in Disk Management?

meebers, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Railtech Win User
    Shutdown computer. Now disconnect external drive. Start computer and once all applications have loaded re-connect the external drive and watch for Windows to declare that a new device has been discovered and drivers are being installed. Once that is done Explorer will open showing drive contents or you will be prompted for what action to take with the device.

Railtech, Jan 3, 2018
  6. AB2018 Win User
    Thank you, Railtech! The drive is back with all the data on it! Phew!

Meebers, thank you for the effort as well.

Marking the thread as solved. Thanks!

AB2018, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive dissappeared - all data lost? - Similar Threads - Drive dissappeared data

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  6. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  7. All Data Lost

All Data Lost: I, like many others lost all my files and data during a Windows update. Even after spending money on file recovery software, I am still screwed. Why does microsoft not provide some type of progam to recover this data since their updates cause the issues?...
  8. Lost all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...
  9. Lost E: data drive

Lost E: data drive: I have a laptop with dual drives, an SSD that runs the windows and other programs, and a data drive for my data. Recently the data drive became "unavailable" and a big blue questionmark appears above it in file explorer. Tried restoring windows 10 on the laptop but its...
  10. lost data on flash drive

lost data on flash drive: I have lost one entire file on a USB flash drive using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-on-flash-drive/87eeedea-4200-4683-8b6b-f986f31522a8"