Windows 10: Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

Discus and support Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Speak1, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I have checked both for errors.I found "F: Drive does not appear on "Optimize Drives" program - Microsoft Community"And followed the advice in this and like the original poster in this it didn't work.No extra advice was given to the OP so I can't find an answer to how to move forward.Many thanksTom

:)

Thomas Speak1, Mar 20, 2023
  2. packzap Win User

Optimize drive - does not show in list

After restart, same problem. The drive does not show in the list of drives to Optimize. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives :(

I do not have access to another Windows computer to connect the drive and isolate the problem.

packzap, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Optime Drive - Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive

When I Select "Defragment and Optimize Drives" my external USB 3.0 hard drive is not among the drives listed that can be analyzed or optimized. The reply to another similar post suggested reading and following the recommendations in a separate
    article "Optimize Windows for better performance" which I did but found no useful information there. Any other suggestions
    or alternatives?

RonKockler, Mar 20, 2023
  4. packzap Win User

Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

Optimize drive - does not show in list

The drive that does not show in the Windows 10 list to optimize, reports as type "dynamic" in Disk Management (Disk 0, drive letters E: and FDrive doesn't show up in optimize drives :). Screen shots below.

Could this be why that disk does not show in Optimize? How can the disk and its drive letters show up in disk management, yet fail to show in Optimize?

Windows 10 Disk Management console:

Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives d5ce4394-5223-4329-8880-c745f060715f?upload=true.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Windows 10 Optimize Drives window:

Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives 37628626-1671-4bef-af6e-402d3063211f?upload=true.png

packzap, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

1. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives - Similar Threads - Drive doesn't show

2. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  3. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  4. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Drive that doesn't exist shows up: Few days back a drive F: came out on the desktop out of nowhere and if I try to open it, It says it's unavailable, It is not in disk management aswellI checked diskpart in cmd and Their is no F: in it aswell. It only appears in explorerI am using windows 10 22H2 with all...
  5. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  6. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  7. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives: Hello,can anyone tell me why lately the Optimize Drives window shows all kinds of drives besides the ones that are really relevant, as e.g. C-Drive, D-Drive, etc.The weird ones could be a card reader with 4 slots, but are not active / no cards inserted.I have also two DVD...
  9. "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives: Hello,can anyone tell me why lately the Optimize Drives window shows all kinds of drives besides the ones that are really relevant, as e.g. C-Drive, D-Drive, etc.The weird ones could be a card reader with 4 slots, but are not active / no cards inserted.I have also two DVD...
  10. Drive doesn't show up on Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive doesn't show up on Installation: Hello I wanted to reinstall Windows on my PC on a new SSD It is nfts formated and MBR, but when I boot via the windows Boot USB stick the drive is not visible. But it is in the boot menu it is. Also I can see it on my orher pc as a normal drive. Do you have any Idea how...