Windows 10: Drive doesn't show up on Installation

Discus and support Drive doesn't show up on Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I wanted to reinstall Windows on my PC on a new SSD It is nfts formated and MBR, but when I boot via the windows Boot USB stick the drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tobias Dünnebeil, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Drive doesn't show up on Installation

Hello

I wanted to reinstall Windows on my PC

on a new SSD It is nfts formated and MBR, but when I boot via the windows Boot USB stick the drive is not visible. But it is in the boot menu it is. Also I can see it on my orher pc as a normal drive. Do you have any Idea how to fix it? Best wishes Tobias.

Drive doesn't show up on Installation 6fa9fe13-6f71-4f70-8580-f9220c11e9a4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Tobias Dünnebeil, Jan 12, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Drive doesn't show up on Installation [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 12, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 12, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Drive doesn't show up on Installation

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Drive doesn't show up on Installation [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Drive doesn't show up on Installation

1. Drive doesn't show up on Installation - Similar Threads - Drive doesn't show

2. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  3. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  4. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Drive that doesn't exist shows up: Few days back a drive F: came out on the desktop out of nowhere and if I try to open it, It says it's unavailable, It is not in disk management aswellI checked diskpart in cmd and Their is no F: in it aswell. It only appears in explorerI am using windows 10 22H2 with all...
  6. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Drive that doesn't exist shows up: Few days back a drive F: came out on the desktop out of nowhere and if I try to open it, It says it's unavailable, It is not in disk management aswellI checked diskpart in cmd and Their is no F: in it aswell. It only appears in explorerI am using windows 10 22H2 with all...
  7. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer: So I have Windows 10 (very new to it), and I need to use some files from my hard drive. When I plug it in, it makes a 'ding' noise, which is good, but then I can't open it. I can only see it in 'Devices and Printers' but it won't open, and it doesn't show up in the Disk...
  9. Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.: Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop, the Laptop default spec: Window 10 64bit 4gb Nvidia gtx1650 8gb ddr4 ram The issue is that I bought a new Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM stick same speed as a default RAM stick in hope to upgrade my laptop to 16gb RAM,...
  10. Windows 10 clean install - hard drive doesn't show up before install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install - hard drive doesn't show up before install: Hi I have looked through solutions for this issue, but the suggestions don't seem to fix my issue... I am running Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64-bit on a Dell Optiplex 760, and try to do a clean install of Windows 10, using the ISO file which I downloaded from Microsoft & burnt on...