Windows 10: Drive E goes missing

Discus and support Drive E goes missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 64 bit and my E: drive keeps disappearing. I'm running dual 1TB mirrored drives (C: and D:) and a 2TB drive (E:) for files/work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeithCassone, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Drive E goes missing

I'm running Win 10 64 bit and my E: drive keeps disappearing.

I'm running dual 1TB mirrored drives (C: and DDrive E goes missing :) and a 2TB drive (EDrive E goes missing :) for files/work. From time to time my E: drive disappears from my system. If I reboot it sh ows in BIOS, but Windows will still not see it.

Most of the time I can run the Device troubleshooter and it will show up again. If the troubleshooter doesn't work I can fail back to a system restore point and the drive will show up once again.

Since I don't do anything with the hardware, and a Reboot will fail to fix the issue, but the issue can be fixed by running the troubleshooter, or System restore I'm suspecting the registry.

System restore is an issue since I'm always reinstalling software, etc... and the Troubleshooter only works intermittently I need a better solution.

I've ran DISM, SFC Chkdsk etc... with no errors detected. Check for Drivers shows I'm running the latest version.

:)

LeithCassone, Jan 17, 2019

2. E: drive is missing and couldn’t boot the computer.

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to get a better clarity on the issue.

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Are you getting any error messages during the issue?

• Have you used any third party software to manage Disk partition?

• When you sad "it almost immediately forgot it was there" What exactly you were referring to?

I suggest you to perform the check disc process for the drive. Please follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + x and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the below commands.

chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Example: chkdsk C: /f /r

Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Please create a backup before performing
    a check disk.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Sangeeta Sarkar in the below link and check if the issue is resolved.

D drive missing after Windows 10 upgrade

Hope the issue gets resolved.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 17, 2019
  3. What is drive e on Windows 10

I did it and drive E no longer appears on the directory list.

Thanks I will see how it goes from here.

MikeBrereton, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Drive E goes missing

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Drive E goes missing

1. Drive E goes missing - Similar Threads - Drive goes missing

2. e-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    e-drive: I purchased a new computer and my e-drive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/743d3371-9e8a-44a4-9cea-dc2b445985bc
  3. E Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E Drive Missing: So, for starters, not super computer savvy so if you ask for specific information about my computer, I might need help finding that information.So about a month ago my E drive disappeared for a couple days. One day it was back, then now it's disappeared for several weeks and...
  4. E Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E Drive Missing: So, for starters, not super computer savvy so if you ask for specific information about my computer, I might need help finding that information.So about a month ago my E drive disappeared for a couple days. One day it was back, then now it's disappeared for several weeks and...
  5. E Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Missing E Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing E Drive: I had an E drive with over 200 gigabytes of memory. Today I was using some software when it suddenly crashed. I tried running it again, but it prompted me to find a 'valid file location'. I searched my computer, and realised my E drive was missing out of a sudden. I tried...
  7. My E drive is missing. Advice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My E drive is missing. Advice?: So I have a 1TB of hard drive assigned to my E drive. I’m using Windows 10. It’s has been working fine all this while but one day the E drive just disappear and I couldn’t locate it in my file explorer. I’ve looked up some solutions online telling me to check disk management...
  8. Disabled DVD drive goes MISSING

Disabled DVD drive goes MISSING: Please remember my DVD drive is INTERNAL SATA connected. When I disabled my internal DVD drive and shut off or restart my laptop computer, my DVD drive couldn't get enabled again. While it shows up as a hidden device in the device manager, there's no option to enable it....
  9. missing e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing e-mails: after creating a new folder and moving an e-mail to them I find that folder empty. How can I recover these missing e-mails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-e-mails/c2c4356a-3753-45ba-85d9-cc8ae8105264"
  10. drive e:

drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995