Windows 10: Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC

Discus and support Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Device Manager Lists the following Disk Drives on my ACPI x64-based PC: Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jack Keller, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC

My Device Manager Lists the following Disk Drives on my ACPI x64-based PC:

Generic- Compact Flash USB Device

Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device

Generic- SD/MMC USB Device

Generic- xD-Picture USB Device

SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device

SEAGATE FA GoFlex Desk USB Device

ST2000DM 001-1ER154 SCSI Disk Device

It also lists two DVD/CD-ROM drives:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 SCSI CdRom Device

hp CDDVDW SH-215DB SCSI CdRom Device

The SEAGATE FA GoFlex Desk USB Device has been listed as Portable Device: F GoFlex Desk since the system was inaugurated several years ago. But for the past week the F Drive was not listed under This PC. Instead, the Portable Devices are listed as:

G:\

H:\

I: \

J:\

L:\

My obvious question is why the SEAGATE FA GoFlex Desk USB Device is neither recognized by Device Manage as a Disk Drive by nor longer recognized as a Portable Device and therefore neither visible nor accessible under This PC?

:)

Jack Keller, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

F Drive not visible

Hi Norris,

Corrupted USB driver is one of the possible reasons why the Drive: F is not visible to your Windows 10. To provide you the appropriate resolution, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, press and hold the
      Windows key + R. In the RUN dialog, type
      winver
      and press Enter key.
    • Have you tried checking the Disk Management if the USB drive is listed there?
    • Have you tried checking the status of your USB device in Device Manager? To check, go to Device Manager and expand USB controllers and right-click to check the properties and device status.

Looking forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Dec 2, 2018
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC

F; Drive space

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you are getting a message stating F: drive is running low on disk space on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• When exactly are you getting the above error message on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message received on the computer?
    • Since when are you getting the above error message? Did you make any recent system changes?
    • Did you check if the drive is visible under Disk Management of the computer?

Check if any unknown drive is visible under Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open
      from the context menu. Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of F: drive not located and showing an error message on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC

1. Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC - Similar Threads - Drive longer Visible

2. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  3. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  4. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore: Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it ,the disk management can't detect it anymore.It's powerd,it's rotating,it's not the power or sata plug, itried to swap them...
  5. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore: Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it ,the disk management can't detect it anymore.It's powerd,it's rotating,it's not the power or sata plug, itried to swap them...
  6. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Portable hard drive visible but not accessible

Portable hard drive visible but not accessible: Hey tech wizards! A Seagate freeagent go successfully accessed five days ago now shows up in file explorer as the Local Disk D: and Windows 10 dings when attached via USB. Selecting the drive produces the circle of death and progress bar in file explorer's drive path. In...
  8. F:\ is not accessible

F:\ is not accessible: Keeping this short - after following the advice(s) on accessing drive F:\ all I get as a response is " The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". What does this mean, is it a virtual drive used by Win 10 and I'm not supposed to play with it, if so I'm fine with that....
  9. F:\ is not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    F:\ is not accessible: Keeping this short - after following the advice(s) on accessing drive F:\ all I get as a response is " The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". What does this mean, is it a virtual drive used by Win 10 and I'm not supposed to play with it, if so I'm fine with that....
  10. Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer: Hi,I know that there have been similar posts with similar issues. I have read the more but they are not exactly the same and I have tried some of the solutions posted but they have not worked.I have a desktop computer and a surface pro. The problem is with the desktop...