Windows 10: Drive F since Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Drive F since Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After an updated three months ago, my external drive "F" was changed to "G". I was checking "Win-X"-Disk Management and "F Drive" came up with:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crikeymate, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Drive F since Windows 10 Update

After an updated three months ago, my external drive "F" was changed to "G". I was checking "Win-X"-Disk Management and "F Drive" came up with:

F-Simple-NTFS-Healthy-Cap 850mb-308mb free 36%

I tried to find what was in F Drive and couldn't find out. How can this happen, how come I have a drive with information on it, such 542mb, what is going on? And I would like to know if someone is storing my documentation on a secret drive?

:)

crikeymate, Sep 29, 2018

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Sep 29, 2018
  4. DarylDFS Win User

Drive F since Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 missing F drive

Followed all steps as directed. diskmgmt,msc does not list F: drive and none of the unallocated drives is large enough to be my F: (Samsung SM-G920V). Any brighter ideas?

DarylDFS, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Drive F since Windows 10 Update

1. Drive F since Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Drive since Update

2. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  3. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  4. Windows 10 update not recognisiing F drive

Windows 10 update not recognisiing F drive: Hello I updated Windows 10 yesterday & the system doesn't recognise F: drive. Previous to the update I had C:, F:, G: & H: drives. All the drives with the exception of F: show in File Explorer but F: has disappeared. Appreciate if you could provide assistance & advice...
  5. F: drive

F: drive: Is the F: drive suppose to be on bluetooth? I am using an external harddrive on the F: drive I thought the F: drive was like the C: and D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/2d86d318-0167-4928-b386-3b2cbf025f34
  6. Drive f:

Drive f:: I can't find my drive f: to eject my flash drive. Where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-f/212e2e25-97fc-49f7-9ad9-ffc8fc1cf60e
  7. F drive

F drive: I have Windows 10 64 bit. I do not have a F drive. I have spent the whole day trying to solve problem. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. I pay for Microsoft Office 365 yearly. I am not happy. Why do we have to do all the work? This should be taken care by...
  8. Drive F

Drive F: I own an HP Desktop. I have had it for many years. It is the standard HP hard drive which houses all my programs on the C drive. The D drive is if I want to delete everything and start fresh as though I just brought it home. The E drive is my DVD. I have a USB flash memory...
  9. F Drive

F Drive: Sorry guys I found I had a damaged card in the multi card device, there isn't a problem after all, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/45004289-18ac-48b0-b9ef-78b55fb1bd4d
  10. Windows 10 F Drive Full

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 F Drive Full: Did the update for Windows 10 1803 and now there is a Disk F which seems to be a partition Windows made and it said it is full, but there are no files in it. I had tech support from where I bought the desktop and did a remote but they didn't get rid or fix the problem....