Windows 10: Drive F

Discus and support Drive F in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own an HP Desktop. I have had it for many years. It is the standard HP hard drive which houses all my programs on the C drive. The D drive is if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J.Carole Rousseau, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Drive F

I own an HP Desktop. I have had it for many years. It is the standard HP hard drive which houses all my programs on the C drive. The D drive is if I want to delete everything and start fresh as though I just brought it home. The E drive is my DVD. I have a USB flash memory which when it was put in the computer came up as drive F but only when it was in the computer. I don't remember exactly when drive F starting showing up. Now when I put in my flash memory it comes up as drive G. When I click on drive F it comes up as an empty folder. This week after You installed an update all of a sudden I keep getting messages showing up on my desktop about the F drive needing more space. It is past annoying because no matter what time of night or day it's dinging the same message and telling me to free up space when there isn't anything there but an empty folder with zero bytes in it. It woke me up at 2 am the other day and I am ready to throw it out the window in frustration. 3 days later it is continuing to ding and the worst of it is that my flash drive has not been in my computer nor do I put it in unless I want something off of it. What am I supposed to do to fix this problem?

Carole Rousseau

:)

J.Carole Rousseau, Feb 15, 2019

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Feb 15, 2019
  3. DarylDFS Win User
    Windows 10 missing F drive

Followed all steps as directed. diskmgmt,msc does not list F: drive and none of the unallocated drives is large enough to be my F: (Samsung SM-G920V). Any brighter ideas?

DarylDFS, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Drive F

Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Drive F

1. Drive F - Similar Threads - Drive

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  6. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  7. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  8. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  9. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

10. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...